• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Should Dipoto go before Scioscia?

Torridd

Besides the Wells trade, Reagins had

-The Kazmir trade

-The Brian Fuentes contract

-The Fernando Rodney contract

-The Bobby Abreu extension

He did a lot more bad than just the Wells trade. And the Wells trade is the kind of f-up that ends front office careers.

He was pretty bad at his job.

To me, the whole anti-JeDi campaign is more of a witch-hunt rather than a rational business decision.  

You want someone to blame?  Look at the horrible players making the big money (Hamilton, Pujols, Wilson, Blanton) and the manager who's job is to motivate players.  

Firing Dipoto would be stupid and futile. 

I am firmly in the Dipoto camp.  The big-signing moves, to me, were not dictated by Dipoto and are contrary to how he's operated in the past.  One of the, if not the, big reason he got this job in the first place was restocking Arizona.  The Haren trade, which he pulled off, looks to be a great trade for Arizona.  If people want a guy that can restock the farm, I think he is the guy to do it--I just think everyone needs to get out of his way.

As GM you take the fall for every player on the roster ... even for Pujols and Hamilton. Arte was a willing party but Dipoto was signed to advise and protect the future of the ball club.

If it came down to firing either Scioscia or Dipoto ... then good-bye Jerry. Personally, I don't advocate either being fired this season.