• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trumped

• Replies 50k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• UndertheHalo

• Lou

• Jason

• Taylor

11 minutes ago, Lou said:

I have stopped reading this thread at this point. 

I would give 1000:1 odds that nate will use the word "christian" within 3 posts. 

5 hours ago, Adam said:

Explain

5 hours ago, nate said:

And they give up all their values for this.

Like voting for someone who is outwardly racist and employs racists.  Their so called christian values voting for someone who has been divorced three times and committed several acts of adultery. 

Trump's only error is limiting his blame to specific media companies, but the press is nearly all editorial these days without providing necessary disclosures to that effect. It is complicit in how many stupid military interventions, race baiting, identity politics, cultural war, election meddling..?

The left's discard of free speech because some things offend them is annoying and depressing.
The administration's attack of free speech because they want to destroy democracy is beyond frightening.

5 minutes ago, Thomas said:

The left's discard of free speech because some things offend them is annoying and depressing.
The administration's attack of free speech because they want to destroy democracy is beyond frightening.

Do you think he really wants to destroy democracy? I could be convinced of that. It seems though that the leftist media is an easy target for him to jab. His hillbilly base eats that shit up. 

The first amendment protects individuals from being prosecuted by the government for their speech.  A group of college students protesting an individual who is speaking at their campus doesn't apply to the first amendment.  I'm not sure it even counts as "suppressing speech."  That individual still has numerous means to get his message out through TV, twitter, and private venues.  The students just don't want that shit on their campus.  And by protesting, the students are simply using their free speech to do so.

4 minutes ago, Rico said:

The first amendment protects individuals from being prosecuted by the government for their speech.  A group of college students protesting an individual who is speaking at their campus doesn't apply to the first amendment.  I'm not sure it even counts as "suppressing speech."  That individual still has numerous means to get his message out through TV, twitter, and private venues.  The students just don't want that shit on their campus.  And by protesting, the students are simply using their free speech to do so.

Ah yes, the left's argument.  It is an attack on ideas if not free speech.  Which might be just as dangerous.

I went back to review my extensive argument as to how the left is suppressing speech. I specifically reviewed the example I chose of conservative speakers on college campuses. I revised nothing. I'll repost it below:

I think ostracization is maybe the greatest tool to deter folks from behaving in an uncivilized manner. More valuable than laws. However, what many on the left have done is redefine what uncivilized behavior is to any thoughts, actions or speech that are in contrast to progressive ideology. They're suppressing speech with social terrorism. 

40 minutes ago, Adam said:

He wants to be loved. Since he can't be loved by everyone he wants to be really really loved by those who love him. 

He doesn't care if the peasants love him. Kings are to be feared, not loved. He wants the attention and the power.

30 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

How do you see this happening?

Discredit the media.
Antagonize the left until they crack and turn violent.
Implement emergency measures to combat the violence
Strip away freedoms until it's academic.

26 minutes ago, Rico said:

So the students shouldn't use their right to free speech to protest?

When Dave Chappelle doesn't want to do college performances because of this we've probably reached a point of diminishing returns.

1 minute ago, Thomas said:

Discredit the media.
Implement emergency measures to combat the violence

Well I hope you're wrong that that's the end game. All the more reason for the media to get its collective shit together. 

27 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Discredit the media.

Ha, they've done a pretty fine job of discrediting themselves without any help. This must be some of the most agenda driven reporting/media we've ever seen.

He antagonizes them, sure, but it's more like let them expose themselves for the crazies they are, which makes him appealing to moderates.

Now you're getting tin foil hat like.

27 minutes ago, Adam said:

Well I hope you're wrong that that's the end game. All the more reason for the media to get its collective shit together. 

How would you like them to have covered donalds blowjob of The President? Not discuss the public opinions of former top intelligence officers?

The media creates hysteria over rain in southern California. People don't get to blame a ratings based industry for their own ignorance.