• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Official AW thread for counting Taylor Blake Ward's balls

Second Base

Taylor Blake Ward in Twitter just posted a pen emoji, Angel emoji and 29 baseball, referring to the player who wears 29. But if this is indeed correct, it would appear that Jeff Samardzija is going to be an Angel very soon. 

2.94 ERA in the second half last year. Lots of innings. And a great wide receiver.

Samardzija is owed 20 million next year, so the move appears to you within the confined of the budget. Next year is his final year under contract. So it's more of a rental than anything. 

Hopefully the Angels didn't need to give up much. They shouldn't. Samardzija isn't worth 20 million a year at this point in his career, not unless those second half numbers are a sign of things to come.

2 minutes ago, Second Base said:

I did teach math. Of course almost all of my students scored below basic on the assessments but that's just because they suck..... At counting..... And other things. Not cuz their teacher was too busy looking at AW to teach them anything.

seeing as you were criminally underpaid, I don't blame you

4 minutes ago, Lou said:

seeing as you were criminally underpaid, I don't blame you

🤣

I've actually always taken my job very seriously. If my students scored below basic, which does happen, it's not because I'm on AW. As for the pay, if it was a driving factor for me, I wouldn't be in this profession.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

You'd think if someone was going to make a cryptic tweet about the Angels making a trade it would be for someone better than Jeff Samardzija. Why not just say "We're getting Samardzija"? 

Or also he's trolling.

have you looked at his stats from 2019?

Another Giant? Why didn't Shark just come in the Cozart deal? I am assuming because that money saved was supposed to be for Cole and now it's still available. Man, if this is true, Eppler is obsessed with one year deals. I take it we should just start looking at all the SP in their contract years and go from there.