• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Indy 500

and your winner is Tony Kanaan. this is pretty much the only indy car race i'll watch each year. this dude always has a pretty fast car, so it's good to see him break through.

as for abc's coverage, i'm not a fan of the split screen during live action so they can show commercials. pretty lousy way to coverage such a big championship event. glad they don't do this kind of nonsense for any other major events.

Would it be better to completely leave the race for commercial breaks?

Or they could do like the masters and get a couple of sponsors to foot the bill so race coverage doesn't suffer. When I'm watching commercials about the nba championship (on the same network) at the expense of live coverage, that tells me there's a better way to handle this.

This day is like Christmas for me. Woke up nice and early for Monaco and haven't moved from the TV all day.

My guy RHR was so so close. I really think he'd have passed Munoz and Kanaan back had it stayed green. He was in the top 4 all day and could pass at will. So bummed for Ryan but happy Kanaan finally broke through. If I had been someone like Alex Tagliani winning after that, I'd have lost my mind.

Monaco was fantastic, Rosberg winning 30 years after his father won that race was nice to see. Now this Coca Cola 600 is gonna be like choking down a garbage McDonald's cheeseburger after a day full of filet.

There isn't a big enough audience to warrant end to end commercial free sponsorship. So the options are split screening or complete break away. 

They do it for MLS Soccer. Are you telling me more people watch Soccer than the Indy 500?

Fox Sports and ESPN don't count. This is end to endcommercial free coverage right?  And yes, the championship MLS game that is played on ABC would have a bigger audience than Indy 500. The other couple of games on ABC, who knows. 

And yes, the championship MLS game that is played on ABC would have a bigger audience than Indy 500.

The overnight ratings for the 2012 MLS Championship were 0.7. The overnight ratings for the 2012 Indy 500 were 4.1. Even if the MLS Championship were on ABC like the 500, it wouldn't have as many viewers as the Indy 500. Not even close. The IndyCar series is not nearly as popular as it was in open-wheel racing's heyday (when CART existed) but its crown jewel isn't being outdrawn by MLS.

No need to be a prick to xboom. I am never opposed to actual facts. I was speaking off the top of my head and didn't have the data. Apparently I was wrong, not the first time. I also wasn't aware that soccer was broadcast end to end commercial free as you claim but I'll take your word for it. 

There isn't a big enough audience to warrant end to end commercial free sponsorship. So the options are split screening or complete break away. 

Euro league soccer has a significantly larger audience than Indy 500. 

These are opinions? Gotcha. I will remember that going forward with future topics.