• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shooting at Walmart in El Paso: multiple fatalities

3 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

That’s a lot of second amendmenting this week.

but yeah.  Muh freedumz!

Like an assault rifle will protect you from a hypothetical government takeover. They can blow up your entire neighborhood, so that argument is silly.

Time to reevaluate the whole idea of a "militia". 

32 minutes ago, the dude abides said:

I thought Lou didn’t care about politics.

Strange.

I don't care for politics. I also don't care politicians, especially those who politicize a tragedy such as this while it's still ongoing. It's disgusting. The bodies are still warm, for God's sake.

To think that fellow AW members actually beat them to the punch is extremely disappointing. 

This refrain about not “politicizing” it so tired.  So useless.  Just as irksome as the bullshit about thoughts and prayers.  Politics plays its part in why this keeps happening.  In this specific incident the politics of the moment is significantly pertinent.  Politics is exactly what should be talked about.  We aren’t talking about planning a 2 years olds birthday. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

17 minutes ago, Taylor said:

If you don't believe Trump's rhetoric played a role in inciting a psychotic, anti-immigrant white nationalist to shoot up a Wal-Mart in a predominantly Hispanic area, you're and idiot.

Obama caused the St Louis riots. 

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Obama caused the St Louis riots. 

I don't disagree. Obama isn't president anymore, though.

EDIT: Nevermind. I read Obama's remarks, and I do disagree. Sorry, Blarg.

Edited by Taylor

Obama regarding the Ferguson shooting:

Of course, it’s important to remember how this started. We lost a young man, Michael Brown, in heartbreaking and tragic circumstances. He was 18 years old, and his family will never hold Michael in their arms again. And when something like this happens, the local authorities, including the police, have a responsibility to be open and transparent about how they are investigating that death and how they are protecting the people in their communities. There is never an excuse for violence against police or for those who would use this tragedy as a cover for vandalism or looting. There’s also no excuse for police to use excessive force against peaceful protests or to throw protesters in jail for lawfully exercising their First Amendment rights. And here in the United States of America, police should not be bullying or arresting journalists who are just trying to do their jobs and report to the American people on what they see on the ground.

Put simply, we all need to hold ourselves to a high standard, particularly those of us in positions of authority. I know that emotions are raw right now in Ferguson and there are certainly passionate differences about what has happened. There are going to be different accounts of how this tragedy occurred. There are going to be differences in terms of what needs to happen going forward. That’s part of our democracy. But let’s remember that we’re all part of one American family. We are united in common values, and that includes belief in equality under the law, basic respect for public order and the right to peaceful public protest, a reverence for the dignity of every single man, woman and child among us, and the need for accountability when it comes to our government.

So now is the time for healing. Now is the time for peace and calm on the streets of Ferguson. Now is the time for an open and transparent process to see that justice is done. And I’ve asked that the attorney general and the U.S. attorney on the scene continue to work with local officials to move that process forward. They will be reporting to me in the coming days about what’s being done to make sure that happens.

Yep, definitely equivalent to Trump calling Mexicans murderers and rapists.

15 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The dogs of violent hatred can easily be unleashed with the proper degree of presidential example and rhetoric.

Sad to see, but there's not much that can be done to stifle this man. Freedom of speech and all that. He needs to forcefully denounce these people and examine his conscience. 

But he won't. He and his party are in the hip pockets of the NRA, who oppose any effort to regulate how many and what type of weapons, ammunition and accessories the general public can have. Their solution is to arm everybody, so there can be even more bullets flying in situations like this. What could possibly go wrong with a half dozen Joe Sixpacks with weapons drawn going through the store looking for this guy?

I am becoming less and less sure that my application for verification of Canadian citizenship will be just for my own information. This isn't the country that I grew up in, and I am becoming increasingly disenchanted with where it is headed.

11 minutes ago, Blarg said:

What did Obama do about the butchery of kindergarten children at Sandy Hook? Did he shut down the production of assault rifles for public sale? Or was he and his party in the hip pocket of the NRA?

Why are you so obsessed with Obama? Are we not allowed to criticize Trump because of Obama?

Obama didn't say anything that would incite a mentally deranged individual to shoot up children. Trump has said things that would incite a mentally deranged individual to shoot up Mexican people.