• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Matt Harvey deal

Troll Daddy

Matt Harvey rhp
1 year/$11M (2019)

• 1 year/$11M (2019)
    • signed by LA Angels as a free agent 12/18/18
    • performance bonuses: $0.25M for each game started from 15 to 26

Looks like he could get up to $5M in incentives 

Pitched around 150 innings with close to a 5.0 ERA

It looks like a bit of a overpay imo. Do you think we could of done better if we waited? 

You have to assume he’s going to get 26 starts if he’s healthy which pays him around $16M. 

I'm hoping that the farther he is from his TJ & thoracic outlet syndrome injuries, the better chance he has of getting closer to his old form. I agree we sort of overpaid for him but we probably had to in order to get him to sign for a year.

& usually I'm not one to get amped over pitching coaches but Doug White legitimately seems to bring out the best in his guys. So if the Dark Knight actually returns then he'll easily be worth it. But I probably have my rose colored glasses on right now ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Matt Harvey rhp
1 year/$11M (2019)

• 1 year/$11M (2019)

It looks like a bit of a overpay imo. Do you think we could of done better if we waited? 

You have to assume he’s going to get 26 starts if he’s healthy which pays him around $16M. 

12 x 250,000 = 3 million 

10 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Considering that Garrett Richards got $15M and he can’t even pitch in 2019 and has had fewer healthy seasons than Harvey, I think it’s a reasonable deal. 

So it sounds like you’re not crazy over this deal. I like the upside if he’s healthy but was surprised with the $11M plus incentives for a dice roll. 

What do you think the Angels are hoping to get from him this season? Wonder if switching leagues will work in his favor. 

1 minute ago, Troll Daddy said:

So it sounds like you’re not crazy over this deal. I like the upside if he’s healthy but was surprised with the $11M plus incentives for a dice roll. 

What do you think the Angels are hoping to get from him this season? Wonder if switching leagues will work in his favor. 

I don’t know what you mean by “crazy.” You asked my opinion and I told you. If you want to extrapolate beyond what I said, be my guest. 

As for what the Angels are “hoping,” I think they’re hoping he pitches better than he did last year. They keep saying he showed signs of improving stuff throughout the year. 

5 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

I don’t know what you mean by “crazy.” You asked my opinion and I told you. If you want to extrapolate beyond what I said, be my guest. 

As for what the Angels are “hoping,” I think they’re hoping he pitches better than he did last year. They keep saying he showed signs of improving stuff throughout the year. 

Okay Thxs 

For the record ... I’m excited to have him on the team. I just thought it was a overpay considering his ERA last season and why Eppler pulled the trigger so soon on him. At least it’s a one year deal. 

6 hours ago, Troll Daddy said:

Matt Harvey rhp
1 year/$11M (2019)

• 1 year/$11M (2019)

here's the way I see it.  

it's not likely that you'll point a finger at Matt Harvey as the reason we didn't make the playoffs but if we do, Harvey could be one of the big reasons why.  I'm more concerned that we didn't get an option or two than I am about him failing this year.  

4 minutes ago, Dochalo said:

it's not likely that you'll point a finger at Matt Harvey as the reason we didn't make the but if we do, Harvey could be one of the big reasons why. 

he's Bizarro Scioscia!