• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

interesting gun control conversation

9 hours ago, Adam said:

All of those are very good and there are probably a hundred more that are just as good. 

It is so refreshing to to hear people just talk to each other and share their ideas no matter how different, unorthodox or in disagreement with the host they may or may not be. So many good podcasts now. It is all about the guests and all about the host allowing them to share freely. Rogan seems pretty dense to me in a lot of ways but I love that he doesn't pretend to know everything and I like how selective he is about sharing his opinions. He's totally comfortable not "knowing everything." 

Yeah dude. In a weird way it's turned me into a very non-confrontational person that isn't around or following much with regards to social media or even here in this forum because of the aggressive manner or petty arguing that ensues. I dig that he just has a simple conversation with people. I think there is a bit of bias to who he has on and tempering his outlook towards his guests a bit, but I've also seen him disagree and be objective toward his guests or even his friends. But if I was to watch Fox News or MSNBC is full blown confirmation bias, agendas, and catering towards a demographic. He just has interesting people on and they just chat. He can get a bit repetitive (and the comment section does this funny thing of posting these, something like, "Joe 'have you tried a ketogenic diet' Rogan" and some of his opinions or rants on topics seem to be a bit overkill if you listen to him often.

But I find a lot of his guests to be very cool and find it to be very educational. Some shit I would never even think to research or think about that ends up opening my eyes.

Definitely a cool medium.

3 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

One of the best parts of listening to his podcasts is discovering personalities you weren't familiar with before. There's been dozens of those for me, and often times they turn out to be some of my favorites. I even liked his podcast with Ben Shapiro, even though we have different outlooks on a lot of things. One of my favorite parts of that interview was how Shapiro described the social hierarchy at college campuses. I'm sure some of you have heard him talk about that a bunch of times. I haven't stepped foot on a college campus in ages but I don't have much reason to doubt that he's spot-on.

I agree with your assessment on Rogan. I like that he's pretty humble, laid-back and chill. Seeing him on Fear Factor and occasionally listening to him call an MMA fight, I wasn't expecting that. Personally I don't find him to be hilarious or anything but when he gets going sometimes, he can have a way with words.

Good point. I don't care to be very political but have enjoyed different perspectives and thought processes of them or things I wouldn't usually be interested. I can generally take something away from each episode. Agreed about the personalities. Two that stand out and were even mentioned a bunch in the comment sections was the Pauly Shore episode and the recent MMA one with Kevin Lee who to most is a polarizing figure in the UFC. Hearing them be real and just be normal changes my outlook on them.

3 hours ago, Adam said:

He honestly might be the least funny comedian working. I suppose that is a matter of taste. But he's a chill dude and non-confrontational (at least in his podcast format) which is super refreshing. I dig the nutrition people he has on. 

Naw, I've seen way worse at The Comedy Store. He's not really my cup of tea.....I think I've seen one Netflix special and have caught him at The Store once. He's ok in my book. Not something I'd go out of my way to see or someone that will blow your mind, but his set at The Store was decent.

Least funny is Brian Redban. He bores the shit out of me on podcasts and a friend and I went to The Comedy Store recently and saw a murders row of comedians and he was one of the last acts and just bombed and killed the vibe.

Edited by Brandon

2 hours ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I'm 1/3 of the way through the one with the sleep dude and i'm already convinced we need to drug all our pitchers with sleep meds to minimize further risk of TJ surgery.

Dude, that shit was life changing. I may watch it again. I've made some life changes because of that episode and have already seen positive changes in a few days.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

Good point. I don't care to be very political but have enjoyed different perspectives and thought processes of them or things I wouldn't usually be interested. I can generally take something away from each episode. Agreed about the personalities. Two that stand out and were even mentioned a bunch in the comment sections was the Pauly Shore episode and the recent MMA one with Kevin Lee who to most is a polarizing figure in the UFC. Hearing them be real and just be normal changes my outlook on them.

You know, I've seen the Pauly Shore appearance show up in my recommendations but I've ignored it. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it, but if you say it's good, I'll add that one to the list too.

I really enjoy the podcasts where the guests tell you a good story. You talked about how your outlook changed on a couple guests after listening to them... that's pretty much how I felt after listening to Steve-O's crazy life story. Dude, it's nuts. I may have to listen to it again sometime down the road. I got to assume you've already watched it.

Then there's Amber Lyons' second appearance. Her story about ayahuasca is one for the ages. I had no idea what that was until I listened to that podcast. She's a former journalist, so as expected, she's not short on details. It's kind of funny how she talks about ayahuasca at times as if it's some kind of living entity... but that's part of what made her storytelling so memorable. Really entertaining stuff. I thought her first appearance on his podcast was also one of the better ones.

6 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

You know, I've seen the Pauly Shore appearance show up in my recommendations but I've ignored it. For some reason I didn't think I'd like it, but if you say it's good, I'll add that one to the list too.

I really enjoy the podcasts where the guests tell you a good story. You talked about how your outlook changed on a couple guests after listening to them... that's pretty much how I felt after listening to Steve-O's crazy life story. Dude, it's nuts. I may have to listen to it again sometime down the road. I got to assume you've already watched it.

Then there's Amber Lyons' second appearance. Her story about ayahuasca is one for the ages. I had no idea what that was until I listened to that podcast. She's a former journalist, so as expected, she's not short on details. It's kind of funny how she talks about ayahuasca at times as if it's some kind of living entity... but that's part of what made her storytelling so memorable. Really entertaining stuff. I thought her first appearance on his podcast was also one of the better ones.

I thought the Paully shore one was tough to get through. The dude seems pretty bummed that his schtick died out. 

9 hours ago, InsideThePark said:

Yeah, pretty much what Adam said. I don't remember much other than it gets heavy where he talks about how he's dealing with being someone that hit some serious highs and either due to bad decisions, his schtick dying, or poor management becoming a has been.

I wouldn't load that one up in the queue or feel it's worth going out of the way for, but I had an idea of who he was and hearing his story changed my mind a little bit and he's a bit more than the dude that does the weasel sounds.

I'll have to check out that Steve-O episode. I see it pop up from time to time and heard good things about it. Another one that showed a different side of a person and was interesting was James Maynard Keenan of Tool. Bright and interesting dude.

Looks like this didn't post yesterday. But on topic and going full circle, this Joey Diaz clip is my favorite thing ever on the show. I watch this often and laugh every time. I always think about the time @Adam opened for Joey and his set included telling my girlfriend that she was a hot piece of ass and he wanted to smash lol. The crazy thing is that one of the stories he tells in the clip mentions the city and I always wonder if it was that same night.

Enjoy kids. This is the one of the funniest 18 minutes you'll ever see.

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Yeah, pretty much what Adam said. I don't remember much other than it gets heavy where he talks about how he's dealing with being someone that hit some serious highs and either due to bad decisions, his schtick dying, or poor management becoming a has been.

I wouldn't load that one up in the queue or feel it's worth going out of the way for, but I had an idea of who he was and hearing his story changed my mind a little bit and he's a bit more than the dude that does the weasel sounds.

I'll have to check out that Steve-O episode. I see it pop up from time to time and heard good things about it. Another one that showed a different side of a person and was interesting was James Maynard Keenan of Tool. Bright and interesting dude.

Steve-O's had 2 appearances... both are good but it was the first one I was referencing. That one's worth bumping up in the queue, you'll get some good laugh out of it.

I haven't seen that clip of Joey Diaz, I'll make a little time to watch it tonight.