• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Wally vs Wally

Billy_Ball

a very young Wally Joyner there -- his time with the Angels was short but very memorable.

he was a true sensation and a real fan favorite -- Wally World was in some ways similar to Fernandomania and later Nomo-mania with the Dodgers.

there have been some truly great players on the Angels (Nolan Ryan, Vlad etc.) and the Dodgers (Koufax, Drysdale etc.) but few have had the sort of 'movement type' impact/ following as these guys.

My late father, a real baseball fan who thought Ted Williams had the best/ sweetest swing of any MLB player -- thought Wally Joyner's swing in those early years was of a quality right up there with Ted Williams......Wally Joyner is an ALL TIME Halos team guy in my book simply because of the impact he had on the fan base while here - I remember being disappointed when he left the Angels for Kansas City.........his best playing days were behind him then -- but he did manage to have a decent 10 years or so MLB career. 

Meanwhile -- Wally George -- GEEZ -- that goes back -- got his TV start (I think) as the announcer/ producer of the old Sam Yorty Show. Now, that's going back.........