• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: 8/22 Angels vs. Rangers: Albert hits third

37 minutes ago, beatlesrule said:

Is it okay to still be bitter about the Angels not signing Beltre all those years ago?  All over a 6th year if I'm not mistaken.  I read his number 1 choice was the Angels but they wouldn't match the optional 6th year.  What a bone headed move by the ORG.  Could have finally replaced Glaus as our last true 3rd baseman.  Oh well.

Seriously, where did you get the info that he preferred Angels and all we needed was an 6th year?

6 minutes ago, disarcina said:

and, YES -- MAKE THE PLAY.........

Valbuena don't play ump -- but, here - he was mislead by the ump on the third base foul line.

How the hell did he mislead Valbuena? Valbuena decided to pocket the ball before the 3rd base ump called foul and if you re-watched it, Valbuena didn't even know it was called foul by him until he was arguing with the home plate ump. Didn't matter, because there was no play at 1st anyways. 

For those talking about Nolascos inning limit, my understanding is that he would have to average over 8 a game from here out to hit it. They probably pulled him because they wanna win. The pens gonna be shutting though. We need some starters to find a way to go deep, and fast. This five inning crap is gonna catch up to us in a bad way, and soon.

34 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

You're mistaken. Everyone wants Simmons or Calhoun batting 3rd. Maybe Escobar should get a look there when he returns

Calhoun?  Seriously his numbers are barely better than Pujols!  This is his worst tear with the Angels.  People were saying we made a mistake not trading him while his value is high?

Most were arguing Cron and Simmons.   Simmons is probably the best option of the alternatives but as I said we really don't want Simmons in a power hitter slot.  

Just now, stormngt said:

Calhoun?  Seriously his numbers are barely better than Pujols!  This is his worst tear with the Angels.  People were saying we made a mistake not trading him while his value is high?

Most were arguing Cron and Simmons.   Simmons is probably the best option of the alternatives but as I said we really don't want Simmons in a power hitter slot.  

Umm, no offense but what the hell are you talking about?

Calhoun: .245/.328/.392/.720

Pujols: .230/.276/.376/.652

This is in fact Calhoun's worst offensive year, but he's been a significantly better hitter than Pujols

last time we had a pitcher pitch beyond six IP?

Nolan Ryan's last no hitter with us ------LOL!!

pace of the game committee need to look at individual starting pitchers and then also team stats for Complete Games for each decade of MLB starting in 1960 ---  the team stat is telling -- the decline of the Complete Game is what has led to 3 hour plus games.