• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Heaney to SLC

We may have Meyer back from the DL, Skaggs and Heaney in the rotation at the same time. 

I hope we dump Chavez and Nolasco. I would like to see us finish up the season with Heaney, Skaggs, Bridwell, Meyer and Ramirez in the rotation.

If Richards comes back, let him pitch out of the bullpen in preparation for 2018.

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

We may have Meyer back from the DL, Skaggs and Heaney in the rotation at the same time. 

I hope we dump Chavez and Nolasco. I would like to see us finish up the season with Heaney, Skaggs, Bridwell, Meyer and Ramirez in the rotation.

Chavez and Nolasco are both classic guys for August deals. I don't think it would be wise to dump them just for the sake of it now, but once some of our rotation starts progressing (and likely playoff hopes are faded) the team can deal them off and rely on some AAA arms in September too. 

45 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Any word on how Heaney has looked ? Velocity, control etc ?

From Jeff Fletcher:

"Heaney, who is nearly 13 months removed from Tommy John surgery, pitched 4-2/3 scoreless innings, with no walks and seven strikeouts, on Wednesday night in the rookie-level Arizona League. He has allowed two earned runs in 10-2/3 innings in three games, with 15 strikeouts and one walk. His next outing will be at a higher level, either Triple-A Salt Lake City or Class-A Inland Empire.

“Velocity was good, command was good,” Scioscia said. “He’s on his path. Nothing has set him back so far. He’s doing well.'"

http://www.ocregister.com/2017/07/27/angels-notes-yusmeiro-petit-gets-the-call-to-start/

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

I would like to see us finish up the season with Heaney, Skaggs, Bridwell, Meyer and Ramirez in the rotation.

Dude...I'd bust a nut if we could have this rotation the last couple months of the season.  I'd like Shoemaker to come back too.

I would be surprised if Heaney started a game for us this season. That said, even though just class A, it's clear he has surprisingly solid command for such a long layoff.

With our team falling out of it, and not much in the rotation, there isn't much upside in protecting him from pitching against major leaguers, assuming his health is there.

1 hour ago, Chuckster70 said:

If Richards comes back, let him pitch out of the bullpen in preparation for 2018.

Everything you said was fine except this. Richards pitches in the rotation not the bullpen. Meyer (or perhaps J.C.) is the one who is in a more dangerous territory in terms of innings pitched IMO.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

Chavez and Nolasco are both classic guys for August deals. I don't think it would be wise to dump them just for the sake of it now, but once some of our rotation starts progressing (and likely playoff hopes are faded) the team can deal them off and rely on some AAA arms in September too. 

I suspect both Nolasco and Chavez will be put on waivers eventually.

I don't think the Angels will get anything for them.

They both would have been gone by now if not for all the injuries.

They could still be around all year  just in case any two of either Skaggs, Heaney. or Myers suffer setbacks after they return, which would not shock anyone.  

5 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

I suspect both Nolasco and Chavez will be put on waivers eventually.

I don't think the Angels will get anything for them.

They both would have been gone by now if not for all the injuries.

They could still be around all year  just in case any two of either Skaggs, Heaney. or Myers suffer setbacks after they return, which would not shock anyone.  

Not necessarily - once September nears they can expand rosters and lean on the Guerra, Morin, Pounders types to eat up some innings. With Scribner soon to be added to the 40man, they'll have him as an option too. Nate Smith, John Lamb, Daniel Wright, and Banuelos could all see some time getting spot starts in September as well.

4 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Not necessarily - once September nears they can expand rosters and lean on the Guerra, Morin, Pounders types to eat up some innings. With Scribner soon to be added to the 40man, they'll have him as an option too. Nate Smith, John Lamb, Daniel Wright, and Banuelos could all see some time getting spot starts in September as well.

They might be gone after September 1, but will likely remain at least until then.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the call ups are minimal, and Sosh still goes with Nolasco and Chavez.

3 minutes ago, Farmbuildingfan said:

They might be gone after September 1, but will likely remain at least until then.

I wouldn't be surprised though if the call ups are minimal, and Sosh still goes with Nolasco and Chavez.

The Salas deal suggests there's still opportunity for a late August swap. Teams always need pitching. Question will simply be if the Angels main starters are healthy enough to absorb some if the innings that would be for Chavez and Nolasco.