• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Anaheim Ducks Thread

HaloCory22

I tend to disagree on Selanne being let go. I think most of his problems last season stemmed from losing Bonino and having a different line mate seemingly every game. That, combined with the condensed schedule made for a semi-down season.

Personally, I'd like to see a Etem-Bonino-Selanne line next year.

• 2 weeks later...

Open house @ the Honda Center on Friday July 12 at 6:30p. Murrey, Boudreau, and Ryan to speak on state of the team/org, the draft and other developments.

It's for SSH'ers, but I can't see them turning anyone away.

I've been to a couple of these in the past. They're pretty frank and straight up - nothing like you get from Scioscia.

And they give you a drink and usually a hot dog or something.

Worth going if you're nearby and not busy.

I'm a nervous wreck every time I see Teemu in anything regarding the Ducks right now.  Like how he was just voted as the NHL's best 10th overall draft pick.  I was scanning my twitter feed, and saw "Teemu Selanne" in an @anaheimducks tweet, and for about a split second my heart sank.  Luckily it wasn't the story we've been dreading for about 6 years straight.

If all goes like normal, Teemu and Saku for that matter should be getting back on the ice soon to see how they feel.  I really want to see Teemu do one full regular season without a game every other day before I start thinking he should go.

I'm actually hoping Teemu retires. You can use the schedule excuse all you want, his hands are getting worse by the day. He also takes up a spot in the top 6, which could be used by a better, younger player, and we all know he has no business on the third or fourth lines.

I'm a big fan of Teemu, but I'm a Ducks fan first and foremost, and I truly believe we are better off with him retiring. If he does retire, he'd finally get his number retired, which will be very cool, and he could possibly get into coaching. I think it'd be very beneficial for some of the guys in Norfolk if Teemu came down a couple times a year to teach them a few things.

Teemu wasn't getting set up. He was having to do the work offensively to set up other players because no one else on his line was capable.

I stated earlier, he's fine on a line with Bonino and maybe Etem. That line would produce.

He played with Bonino and Ryan for a good chunk of the season... and they still didn't do much.

A good chunk? Bonino missed the second half of the season. And Selanne looked good the first half.

Selanne had 6 goals and 11 assists in the first 23 games with Bonino. He's not going to be a top line scorer. But he was productive.

That's a pace for 20 goals on the season.

Great to see that Lovejoy was signed and at a very team friendly rate too.  Glad to have him back for 3 years.  Bummer we likely wont get Vinny.  I'm really starting to wonder who is going to be traded since Murray vowed the team will not be the same as last year.  My guess is Bobby and one of Sbisa/Allen/Souray gets traded.

Time to retire my Bobby jersey :(

The Ducks did need to shake things up though and it makes sense that he was the one to go.  Anyone have any idea how good Silverberg and Noesen are?  Can't say I watched all that many Senators games minus the playoffs.

I like this trade.  Silfverberg is a young RW that played pretty well this last season with 19 points in limited minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_Silfverberg

Noesen is a prospect that has not made it to the NHL yet.  Another RW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Noesen

Plus a first rounder.  Not bad at all.  I think the emergence of Etem last season really made Bobby expendable.

I wouldn't mind taking a flyer on Roy for 1 yr 1.5-2 mil. 

I like this trade.  Silfverberg is a young RW that played pretty well this last season with 19 points in limited minutes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jakob_Silfverberg

Noesen is a prospect that has not made it to the NHL yet.  Another RW.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stefan_Noesen

Plus a first rounder.  Not bad at all.  I think the emergence of Etem last season really made Bobby expendable.

Nice, thanks for the info Nate.  Looks like Noesen scored 33 and 38 goals in the OHL the last 2 seasons along with 44 assists each season.  Murray is building the Ducks to be a contender for years to come.  Even though Bobby was one of my favorites, I really like this trade as there is no way he was going to resign when his contract was up and he really had a shitty season last year.  Along with what you said about Etem's emergence, this frees up more cap space to sign Teemu +1 other player I assume.