• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

Blog.  But hey at least it's something.

Montreal Canadiens: Is a trade with the Anaheim Ducks coming up?

The assumption with this writer is we are after Pacioretty.  What if it's someone else?  If the Habs are scouting the Ducks and not the Gulls, then it's someone on the team.  Kase doesn't make sense, because we need the cheap money.  And he does look like the future.  Ritchie is limited in value, and as I've been saying, he looks good with Kase/Henrique.   

So what if it's Silfverberg?  First, Brown has been playing a lot on the Kesler line, and he hasn't looked horrible.  Silfverberg has been given shots on the Henrique and the Getzlaf line.  At times he's looked good.  But he just doesn't seem to fit.  49 point high last season, but at 26 so far this season, probably more of a 39 pointer in this system.  

So if it's not Pacioretty, who?  How about Galchenyuk?  Only has 31 points, and is a -25 this season.  His high was 56 points 3 seasons ago.  And it seems like his max in that system.  Getzlaf right shooter, Rakell right shooter, Galchenyuk left shooter.  Including this year, 3 years left at $4.9 million.  Silfverberg, 2 years at $3.7 million.  Both about the same size.  

Does this straight up trade make sense?  And to help the Ducks out further, we might say that they have to take Holzer to even the money out?  This would open a spot up for a young guy to take the reps from the two cones.  So another positive.

So would you?

17 hours ago, mrwicked said:

And yet during the offseason, when we signed Beach for depth some people were saying we don't need him because we have Megna...

Lindolm is so good.

We don't need Beauch. Megna does exactly what he does except he's bigger and about 15 years younger lol. Also, Lindholm's numbers a re very deceiving imo. He gets out muscled so often and loses the puck. He has a lot of work to do. He's taken a big step back imo even with the advanced stats saying he's still BAU.

38 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Blog.  But hey at least it's something.

Montreal Canadiens: Is a trade with the Anaheim Ducks coming up?

The assumption with this writer is we are after Pacioretty.  What if it's someone else?  If the Habs are scouting the Ducks and not the Gulls, then it's someone on the team.  Kase doesn't make sense, because we need the cheap money.  And he does look like the future.  Ritchie is limited in value, and as I've been saying, he looks good with Kase/Henrique.   

So what if it's Silfverberg?  First, Brown has been playing a lot on the Kesler line, and he hasn't looked horrible.  Silfverberg has been given shots on the Henrique and the Getzlaf line.  At times he's looked good.  But he just doesn't seem to fit.  49 point high last season, but at 26 so far this season, probably more of a 39 pointer in this system.  

So if it's not Pacioretty, who?  How about Galchenyuk?  Only has 31 points, and is a -25 this season.  His high was 56 points 3 seasons ago.  And it seems like his max in that system.  Getzlaf right shooter, Rakell right shooter, Galchenyuk left shooter.  Including this year, 3 years left at $4.9 million.  Silfverberg, 2 years at $3.7 million.  Both about the same size.  

Does this straight up trade make sense?  And to help the Ducks out further, we might say that they have to take Holzer to even the money out?  This would open a spot up for a young guy to take the reps from the two cones.  So another positive.

So would you?

This article is so bad. Ducks aren't in need of any help at D? This article lost credibility right after reading that. I'd love to get Petry and Pac. A 2018 1st and 2019 2nd, Silvferberg, Ritchie, Larsson gets us to the table. We definitely match up with the Habs here. All gonna depend on what they want as the prospect. Young stud Dman or young stud FW (Steel). Both of which I'd have no issue shipping off for Max.

3 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

We don't need Beauch. Megna does exactly what he does except he's bigger and about 15 years younger lol. Also, Lindholm's numbers a re very deceiving imo. He gets out muscled so often and loses the puck. He has a lot of work to do. He's taken a big step back imo even with the advanced stats saying he's still BAU.

From your stats post:

Beauch- 46.7/48.3
Megna- 44.4/43.0

Agreed both aren't top pairing, but beach has been out performing megna. Which is exactly why they brought him in, plus the playoffs of course. It was a good, short-term signing.  But I would have preferred karlsson from the sens.

I wouldn't play Ritchie on anything but the 4th line (and then I'd probably trade him as soon as possible). I see a noticeable drop off in scoring ability on Hendricks line with Ritchie playing on it. I would put him with Kessler before Hendricks (and I'm not suggesting to do that). He seriously needs to pick up his hockey sense and I doubt he's capable. I would rather see Grant or Roy on wing than Ritchie.

Has anybody noticed Kesler being reluctant to hit. I get the feeling he's not fully back yet.

I wouldn't trade Steel because our regular draft position makes it too difficult to get a natural scorer and other teams only want to trade them if they're hurt, a bust, or causing problems (and the causing problems ones cost too much)

Im almost to the point where I think this team would benefit more next year from a veteran high quality defenseman than another quality scorer (and we seriously need another quality scorer. But, good luck on getting one.)

20 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I wouldn't play Ritchie on anything but the 4th line (and then I'd probably trade him as soon as possible). I see a noticeable drop off in scoring ability on Hendricks line with Ritchie playing on it. I would put him with Kessler before Hendricks (and I'm not suggesting to do that). He seriously needs to pick up his hockey sense and I doubt he's capable. I would rather see Grant or Roy on wing than Ritchie.

Has anybody noticed Kesler being reluctant to hit. I get the feeling he's not fully back yet.

I wouldn't trade Steel because our regular draft position makes it too difficult to get a natural scorer and other teams only want to trade them if they're hurt, a bust, or causing problems (and the causing problems ones cost too much)

Im almost to the point where I think this team would benefit more next year from a veteran high quality defenseman than another quality scorer (and we seriously need another quality scorer. But, good luck on getting one.)

Ritchie won't be a Duck next season. He by far is the biggest bust we've had post 2012 lockout. He can't even be a Maroon type player. He's an RFA after next season I believe. At this point I much rather have Roy, Kerdiles, etc. filling that role.

I agree with Kesler. He's still working his way back. I think we won't have a healthy Kesler till next season. That's when we'll be able to truly evaluate him and see if it's just age catching up or if it truly was just him rehabbing that injury.

I think Kesler is our 3rd best center at this point.  I don’t have a ton of faith that he’s going to regain his form because he had a significant injury and he’s not a young player.  That’s not to say he won’t be effective or good even.  I think he still can be.  Especially as the 3rd guy the depth chart.  The problem is the contract.  It is what it is.  This is why losing the last 2 years is such a disaster.  It’s possible that we’ve missed our shot.  I think that the Ducks should try and move Ritchie in a package for a big time player. I’m not sure if it’s realistic though, his value has taken a big hit this year. He looks like a massive bust.  Still, the 1st rounder pedigree and his AHL numbers may convince some GM he has value.  The Ducks aren’t in a great position to wait him out though if there’s a deal to be made.   

I’m completely convinced that the Ducks need a system shock.  We need something big to happen in terms of new personnel.  It would be really great imo if we could get rid of Lindholm and Silfverberg. 

And Megna hasn’t even gotten a real shot this year.  He is significantly better then Beauchmin imo.  Metrics be damned.  He hasn’t played enough for those numbers to mean anything.  And I don’t know how anyone can watch Lindholm and then look his corsi number (which is only good relative to the rest of the Ducks-it’s actually not that great a number it’s like slightly above average) and then think.  “Corsi is a strong indicator of preformance” Lindholm has been AWFUL this year.  Not average, fucking bad.  Corsi is a useful thing to consider I think as part of a big picture evaluation but it’s no where near the kind of analytics numbers we have in baseball.  Which is where I think people get it wrong.  We see numbers like WAR OPS + etc in baseball that are very good in telling  a story and then assume that Corsi is similar in hockey.  It is not. 

I knew signing Beauchmin was going to be a problem.  I don’t know if there’s another better example of Bob Murray’s incompetence then that.  

5 hours ago, HaloCory22 said:

This article is so bad. Ducks aren't in need of any help at D? This article lost credibility right after reading that. I'd love to get Petry and Pac. A 2018 1st and 2019 2nd, Silvferberg, Ritchie, Larsson gets us to the table. We definitely match up with the Habs here. All gonna depend on what they want as the prospect. Young stud Dman or young stud FW (Steel). Both of which I'd have no issue shipping off for Max.

Agree with u entirely.  I like Petry a lot as well.  One disagreement point. To me Steel is the one untouchable piece we have.  I’m not trading him.  And we shouldn’t need to for Max Pax.  

28 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I think Kesler is our 3rd best center at this point.  I don’t have a ton of faith that he’s going to regain his form because he had a significant injury and he’s not a young player.  That’s not to say he won’t be effective or good even.  I think he still can be.  Especially as the 3rd guy the depth chart.  The problem is the contract.  It is what it is.  This is why losing the last 2 years is such a disaster.  It’s possible that we’ve missed our shot.  I think that the Ducks should try and move Ritchie in a package for a big time player. I’m not sure if it’s realistic though, his value has taken a big hit this year. He looks like a massive bust.  Still, the 1st rounder pedigree and his AHL numbers may convince some GM he has value.  The Ducks aren’t in a great position to wait him out though if there’s a deal to be made.   

I’m completely convinced that the Ducks need a system shock.  We need something big to happen in terms of new personnel.  It would be really great imo if we could get rid of Lindholm and Silfverberg. 

No GM wants Ritchie. He could be an added piece in a deal but no way he can be the centerpiece in anything worth while. Silf needs to go too. I'm with you there. We need scoring threats. Not a guy who goes on a 2 week run and then flops the next month. He's too inconsistent. However, his defensive game and friendly contract gives him some value. Kesler is what it is like you said. That's gonna be the worst contract along with Perry's. At least Perry has contributed during this road trip. Kesler will be the shutdown 3rd line C the rest of the way. We'll never expect much in terms of points from him but he'll still be a pest on the ice and will shut down opposing top lines.

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Agree with u entirely.  I like Petry a lot as well.  One disagreement point. To me Steel is the one untouchable piece we have.  I’m not trading him.  And we shouldn’t need to for Max Pax.  

I was listening to the Anaheim Calling podcast after the Leafs game. Jeff Marek was their guest. He's not too high on Steel. He sees his ceiling being a 2nd line Center. Which most of the guys on the cast agreed with. He's not going to be elite but will be solid. Hey, I'll take a 2nd line C in the 1st round. My guess would be something along the lines of Henrique with a little more scoring skill. He's taken a step back this season in the WHL. Still highly valuable but not the franchise player some believe he is.

4 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

I was listening to the Anaheim Calling podcast after the Leafs game. Jeff Marek was their guest. He's not too high on Steel. He sees his ceiling being a 2nd line Center. Which most of the guys on the cast agreed with. He's not going to be elite but will be solid. Hey, I'll take a 2nd line C in the 1st round. My guess would be something along the lines of Henrique with a little more scoring skill. He's taken a step back this season in the WHL. Still highly valuable but not the franchise player some believe he is.

Ya I can agree with that assessment based off of what I’ve read.  I’m just saying.  We need both a guy like Max Pax and a Sam Steele.  The Ducks have almost no depth up front in the system.  

25 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

And Megna hasn’t even gotten a real shot this year.  He is significantly better then Beauchmin imo.  Metrics be damned.  He hasn’t played enough for those numbers to mean anything.  And I don’t know how anyone can watch Lindholm and then look his corsi number (which is only good relative to the rest of the Ducks-it’s actually not that great a number it’s like slightly above average) and then think.  “Corsi is a strong indicator of preformance” Lindholm has been AWFUL this year.  Not average, fucking bad.  Corsi is a useful thing to consider I think as part of a big picture evaluation but it’s no where near the kind of analytics numbers we have in baseball.  Which is where I think people get it wrong.  We see numbers like WAR OPS + etc in baseball that are very good in telling  a story and then assume that Corsi is similar in hockey.  It is not. 

I knew signing Beauchmin was going to be a problem.  I don’t know if there’s another better example of Bob Murray’s incompetence then that.  

If I remember right.  Megna's pairing partner was Cone.  So of course his numbers would be low.  I still think he's better than Cone and Cone #2.  He just hasn't been given a shot with a legitimate partner yet.  

17 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

If I remember right.  Megna's pairing partner was Cone.  So of course his numbers would be low.  I still think he's better than Cone and Cone #2.  He just hasn't been given a shot with a legitimate partner yet.  

Ya he hasn’t been given a fair opportunity.  Any argument saying otherwise is complete bullshit. Like I said before.  It’s completely insane given the Ducks situation that he was placed on waivers.  This guy is going to be a top 6 Dman for next year by default.  Murray is willing to toss that away ? What’s he thinking ? “I’ll just go get another Beauchmin or Stoner” I’m sure that’s exactly his thought process.  I mean we’ve seen him do it over and over again. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

@UndertheHalo and @HaloCory22  I think you guys are missing the point of why I linked the blog.  It's not the merit of the blog, but the thinking that something is up between the Ducks and Canadians.  Pacioretty would be a nice get, but the price is just too high.  If you really think that Murray is a bad GM, then sure he should make the trade.  Because it's a horrible long term trade for the Ducks to make.  But Murray doesn't make these types of trades.  He either nibbles, or if he does make a hockey trade, it's usually a straightforward trade like Eaves or Henrique.  

That's why I'm thinking it's Galchyuk/Silfverberg that might be in the works.  They aren't scouting the AHL.  It's the NHL.  If it's Kase, then why scout twice.  Ritchie, ok you would need to scout over and over.  But do you really think you could get a big return for him.  Silfverberg makes the most sense.  Two players, that had a lot of promise, that just seems to have regressed.  It just feels like a typical Murray trade, and I think on the Ducks side, it makes a lot of sense.