• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2017-2018 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

BTW, it isn't as simple as asking Bieksa to waive his NTC.  I am sure Bieksa would have asked for another year on his deal or more money.

The Ducks needed $ to sign another forward so they essentially dumped Theo to get the $4m in cap space they saved by dumping Stoner.

The biggest issue by far is the Perry contract, it has totally fucked GMBM.  Of course, he is the one that gave him that deal, although not sure if ownership had anything to do with it.

If Perry actually played like a 30+ goal scorer then they probably don't need to dump Stoner's salary and could have just waited the contract out.  Instead the Ducks are stuck trading/signing some overpriced goal scorer every year to fill the gap that Perry has left.  You just can't pay $8m/year to a third line winger.

Edited by nate

Trade Bait Board …

Frank Seravalli of TSN: TSN’s top 20 trade bait board.

1. Evander Kane – Buffalos Sabres – $5.25 million cap hit.
    2. Mike Green – Detroit Red Wings – $6 million cap hit.
    3. Patrick Maroon – Edmonton Oilers – $1.5 million cap hit.
    4. Mike Hoffman – Ottawa Senators – $5.19 million cap hit.
    5. Max Pacioretty – Montreal Canadiens – $4.5 million cap hit.
    6. Thomas Vanek – Vancouver Canucks – $2 million cap hit.
    7. Alex Galchenyuk – Montreal Canadiens – $4.9 million cap hit.
    8. Erik Gudbranson – Vancouver Canucks – $3.5 million cap hit.
    9. Zack Smith – Ottawa Senators – $3.25 million cap hit.
    10. James Neal – Vegas Golden Knights – $5 million cap hit.
    11. David Perron – Vegas Golden Knights – $3.75 million cap hit.
    12. Ian Cole – Pittsburgh Penguins – $2.1 million cap hit.
    13. Andrew Shaw – Montreal Canadiens – $3.9 million cap hit.
    14. Mark Letestu – Edmonton Oilers – $1.8 million cap hit.
    15. Rick Nash – New York Rangers – $7.8 million cap hit.
    16. Cody Franson – Chicago Blackhawks – $1 million cap hit.
    17. Robin Lehner – Buffalo Sabres – $4 million cap hit.
    18. Dion Phaneuf – Ottawa Senators – $7 million cap hit.
    19. Petr Mrazek – Detroit Red Wings – $4 million cap hit.
    20. Tyson Barrie – Colorado Avalanche – $5.5 million cap hit.

Also, quite laughable that Vegas will be selling.  Although, if I could get something big for Perron, I'd jump on it.  

But for the Ducks.  Pacioretty would be big, but probably cost big.  Galchenyuk has been rumored for a while, but the more I look at his numbers, they aren't getting better.  He actually has started to regress.  So maybe the asking price isn't as big.  

In the end.  Maroon and Franson look to be BM specials.  Benefits far outweigh the costs.  Franson would probably cost someone at the AHL level that doesn't project to the NHL.  Maroon a fourth line guy like Grant or someone in the AHL that has a longshot of being good?  Even if Franson is a plodder, putting him next to a speed guy like Montour would boost the 3rd defensive line I would hope.  And Maroon would be a good fit on the first line being a pest in front of the net.  

2 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Cogs just got extended 3 more years at 3.25 AAV.... Wtf man.

I'm fine with that deal.  It's a bit more than the 3 million he made this year.  He meshes well on the shutdown line.  He still has speed.  He's kind of a pest on the ice.  He was also going to be our biggest UFA decision to make this offseason, and it's good to get it out of the way now.  

11 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

Getting rid of Cogs was the move I was looking forward to the most this offseason. GMBM fucking me raw yet again.

Curious as to why?  At $3.25 million, he brings at least that much value to the team.  Sure he's not flashy or anything.  But on the shutdown line, he seems to do his job.  I don't recall him ever being out of position or burned so bad that we are typing 200 words a minute on the forums.  Sure I'd have issues if he got $4 or 5 million.  But a slight raise from what he's getting now, I still think it's a good deal.

48 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Curious as to why?  At $3.25 million, he brings at least that much value to the team.  Sure he's not flashy or anything.  But on the shutdown line, he seems to do his job.  I don't recall him ever being out of position or burned so bad that we are typing 200 words a minute on the forums.  Sure I'd have issues if he got $4 or 5 million.  But a slight raise from what he's getting now, I still think it's a good deal.

I just can't stand him. I specifically remember a play in  the WCF last season where he murdered us on a play that lead to a NSH gwg. That's another story tho lol. Plenty of guys have bad games. Cogs just doesn't do it for me. Too many whiffs when she's wide open and on breakaway chances. He's incredibly overvalued imo. That iron man streak is the biggest reason he's relevant and that's not even that big of a deal. You don't pay 3.25 for a primary defensive FW. It's not going to break our bank and hinder us from other moves but I just simply don't think it's a move that needed to be made. I did like Cogs at one point. Then after he got his extension and took an epic shit offensively that's when I started to dislike him. I fully admit it's irrational hate but my mind is made up lol.

2 minutes ago, HaloCory22 said:

I just can't stand him. I specifically remember a play in  the WCF last season where he murdered us on a play that lead to a NSH gwg. That's another story tho lol. Plenty of guys have bad games. Cogs just doesn't do it for me. Too many whiffs when she's wide open and on breakaway chances. He's incredibly overvalued imo. That iron man streak is the biggest reason he's relevant and that's not even that big of a deal. You don't pay 3.25 for a primary defensive FW. It's not going to break our bank and hinder us from other moves but I just simply don't think it's a move that needed to be made. I did like Cogs at one point. Then after he got his extension and took an epic shit offensively that's when I started to dislike him. I fully admit it's irrational hate but my mind is made up lol.

Probably similar to my hate towards Vermette.  Hopefully I get my wish.

The issue with Cogliano is the role the Ducks have him on with the team imo.  The contract is fine, at market value I think for a guy with his skill set.  We know he’s always healthy.  It’s fine.  I was concerned about retaining him if he was going to be looking for a bigger contract.  Looks like he wasn’t.  Bob Murray needs to find another more skillful winger. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

I'm still hopeful for galchenyuk. American, crazy skill, habs need to sell, he's had down year so maybe cheap-ish. 

Or Hoffman from sens. 

Agreed would love another winger who can pot some goals. Use eaves being on IR to go over the cap, then he can come back for playoffs. The line of rakell / getz / eaves was unstoppable.

Perry. Yeah, i've never agreed that this is our window of opportunity since he fell off the table. It leaves too big of a hole and too much to overcome to have one of your top 2-3 contracts go to a player performing at a third line level.

Not surprised with the Cogliano contract. I never thought there was a chance the Ducks would let him go while the streak was alive. Plus, he's worth 3M. The hands hurt, but he's a character guy. Kind of Bieksa without the mistakes. One thing I will predict. Barring serious injury, he'll be a better player when this streak thing ends. I think it's holding him back a bit.

17 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Perry. Yeah, i've never agreed that this is our window of opportunity since he fell off the table. It leaves too big of a hole and too much to overcome to have one of your top 2-3 contracts go to a player performing at a third line level.

Not surprised with the Cogliano contract. I never thought there was a chance the Ducks would let him go while the streak was alive. Plus, he's worth 3M. The hands hurt, but he's a character guy. Kind of Bieksa without the mistakes. One thing I will predict. Barring serious injury, he'll be a better player when this streak thing ends. I think it's holding him back a bit.

So what you're saying is I should do him a solid and club him in the knee for his own good.

Cogliano is getting paid third line money, no problem and he is the only dude that goes out there every game, works his ass off and plays a great two way game.  Stop thinking of him as some big time scorer, he isn't getting paid like he is.

Also, despite being on the shutdown line, PK and not the PP, he has one of the best Corsis on the team.

8 minutes ago, nate said:

Cogliano is getting paid third line money, no problem and he is the only dude that goes out there every game, works his ass off and plays a great two way game.  Stop thinking of him as some big time scorer, he isn't getting paid like he is.

Also, despite being on the shutdown line, PK and not the PP, he has one of the best Corsis on the team.

You can't be a 2 way player if you don't have any offense in your game, Nate ;)

8 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

The issue with Cogliano is the role the Ducks have him on with the team imo.  The contract is fine, at market value I think for a guy with his skill set.  We know he’s always healthy.  It’s fine.  I was concerned about retaining him if he was going to be looking for a bigger contract.  Looks like he wasn’t.  Bob Murray needs to find another more skillful winger. 

Just IMO, but I don't think we need a skill winger.  IMO Maroon would be a perfect fit, and he won't cost much of anything.

Getz/Rak/Maroon

Kess/Cogs/Silf

Henrique/Kase/Perry

Wagner/Ritchie/Shaw

I really think Maroon would spell Eaves 2.0.  Although I do think Eaves has a much better game, and hands.  Maroon will do something the team is allergic too, since Eaves went down.  Park in front of the goalie and take a beating while doing it.  

3 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Just IMO, but I don't think we need a skill winger.  IMO Maroon would be a perfect fit, and he won't cost much of anything.

Getz/Rak/Maroon

Kess/Cogs/Silf

Henrique/Kase/Perry

Wagner/Ritchie/Shaw

I really think Maroon would spell Eaves 2.0.  Although I do think Eaves has a much better game, and hands.  Maroon will do something the team is allergic too, since Eaves went down.  Park in front of the goalie and take a beating while doing it.  

I’d take it.  Anything other then the diminutive winger with stone hands. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

20 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Getz/Rak/Maroon

Kess/Cogs/Silf

Henrique/Kase/Perry

Wagner/Ritchie/Shaw

I was looking at your list and thinking ' Yeah that would work fine.' Then I got to the last line and the first thing that came to my mind was we should trade Ritchie and play Grant. I don't know if Ritchie is going through a tough time right now. But every time he's on the ice lately, he looks like a guy that doesn't have the intelligence to play in the NHL.

38 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

I was looking at your list and thinking ' Yeah that would work fine.' Then I got to the last line and the first thing that came to my mind was we should trade Ritchie and play Grant. I don't know if Ritchie is going through a tough time right now. But every time he's on the ice lately, he looks like a guy that doesn't have the intelligence to play in the NHL.

Richie has always looked like that to me.