• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The almost major @ TPC Sawgrass

This is a great tourney to watch on TV, really one of the best because the crowds are great and 16-18 are great TV holes.

You get the feeling through interviews that the players do not really like the course but there is just way too much money involved in this thing to not go.  Heck Monty 2.0 and Rory did not even show up last year but with their increased tour status this year, they pretty much had to.  I though Phil's comments last week at Quail Hollow were a shot at the Players too.  Pretty much saying that the Wells Fargo was the best run tourney and was the best annual event course. 

But hey, like I said, this is a fun tourney to watch on TV and I am excited.  It is the course the started Pete Dye on his craziness. 

But hey, like I said, this is a fun tourney to watch on TV and I am excited.  It is the course the started Pete Dye on his craziness. 

pete dye courses are just about my favorite courses to play. i've played his 27 hole course in moreno valley 3 or 4 times and it was there that i first broke 90.

i've also played his course at pga west twice, and it's insanely fun. have broken 90 on that one also. the jack nicklaus resort course there is torture. played it twice and had a great front nine (44, iirc), then blew up on the back. still managed a 98, but oh what might have been.

This is a great tourney to watch on TV, really one of the best because the crowds are great and 16-18 are great TV holes.

You get the feeling through interviews that the players do not really like the course but there is just way too much money involved in this thing to not go.  Heck Monty 2.0 and Rory did not even show up last year but with their increased tour status this year, they pretty much had to.  I though Phil's comments last week at Quail Hollow were a shot at the Players too.  Pretty much saying that the Wells Fargo was the best run tourney and was the best annual event course. 

Agree with everything you said. Great made-for-TV event. Love to watch this bad boy. Probably the best of any tournament all year. However, the golf course is cartoonish and silly. But, it makes for a great final round. 

The tournament is so great because you just can't pick the winner... It's a Pete Dye mind-f*&k course.  It's tough for these players to even finish in the top-10 more than once.

I loved when Golf channel had the 17th hole coverage all day.  That is an insane hole, that really changes the tourney on Sat/Sun.  One of my favorite moments was when Freddie Coups swished-it from the drop-zone for par a few years back!  I also still use Hals' "Be the right club today!" all the time.  There's also the story some duffer wrote in one of the mags about how he shot 174... on #17!