• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Calolfornia

On 3/19/2021 at 5:20 PM, Make Angels Great Again said:

Add another life-long Calolfornian to the exodus list. Just received an offer that basically matches my California salary out in Nashville.

Exciting, and yet incredibly terrifying.

Tenn is awesome. I prefer East Tenn but Nashville still has a lot to offer.  Southern people are by far the most friendly people in the country. I imagine Nashville will have big city assholes but everyone else is way friendlier than California.

Damn, I need gas soon, but that seems a little high.

At least they have offset the gas prices in CA over the past year by closing things... or making them a pain.  They are saving us money because there's less places to go..  but they are also hindering businesses.  Wonder how gas stations are doing.

The mandatory meal with the purchase of an alcoholic beverage thing is still annoying.  Hopefully, it goes away in a couple months?

7 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

Lolifornlol

You wouldn't rather live in CA?

I'm not a California apologist. There have been many days in the last year that I've been gone.... mentally, anyway... I've  lived in CA my entire life. Not in the most revered area, but not far from those places. I can easily cruise to the beach and the mountains. Angels games. Kings games.  San Diego.  Amazing beer isn't far away. Family is around... especially my parents

But... the cost of living out here is increasing as much as anywhere else in the country (traffic is not great either... Amazon and others are clogging the roads)... and I'm not any closer to the beach... the better weather... the cool things to do.

The political stuff... other than in a rare pandemic... doesn't affect much for most. It's frustrating. I want to support my local beer bar, but I don't want to buy a hot dog every time I visit. That's not why I'm considering leaving. Neither are gas prices.  That stuff doesn't help though

26 minutes ago, ScottT said:

Damn, I need gas soon, but that seems a little high.

At least they have offset the gas prices in CA over the past year by closing things... or making them a pain.  They are saving us money because there's less places to go..  but they are also hindering businesses.  Wonder how gas stations are doing.

The mandatory meal with the purchase of an alcoholic beverage thing is still annoying.  Hopefully, it goes away in a couple months?

They are nailing you in the rear and skipping the reach around

12 hours ago, cals said:

Bittersweet?  All you do is talk shit about here.  You’re so stupid you believe in nonsensical conspiracy theories that make the Easter Bunny look plausible.

Go.

Enjoy having neighbors dumber than you.  

And you could have afforded  a home in California if you had a grown up job.  Have fun being the only one on the block with all their teeth.  You’ve really made it.  Congrats.

Ha, well leaving the place you've lived your whole life will always be bittersweet. Even if it is hell.

And I just had a wisdom tooth removed yesterday, so not quite all my teeth. Close enough.

2 minutes ago, cals said:

A white power Mexican?  Those are really rare.  We only have like 2-3 here, so I imagine that rate Is consistent in the general public, too.

Yes politics prob cost him a chance to play this year in college. turned out the keeper coach was a big San Fran lib so an obvious mismatch. 

8 hours ago, Kotchman said:

Yes politics prob cost him a chance to play this year in college. turned out the keeper coach was a big San Fran lib so an obvious mismatch. 

Which one of them brought up politics while playing soccer?

5 hours ago, st1ckboy said:

Which one of them brought up politics while playing soccer?

Neither but coach is active on social media and his wife pretty much makes a living consulting bif liberal non profits from home. Coach told him "we know you win most everything in practice and the hardest worker on the team but your style of play doesn't fit here." The style of play got him 5 or 6 offers to play u20 ball in Mexico. Meanwhile, they played a local dreamer who sucks, has shitty grades, can't speak Spanish, but he bashes Trump every day at practice.

8 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Neither but coach is active on social media and his wife pretty much makes a living consulting bif liberal non profits from home. Coach told him "we know you win most everything in practice and the hardest worker on the team but your style of play doesn't fit here." The style of play got him 5 or 6 offers to play u20 ball in Mexico. Meanwhile, they played a local dreamer who sucks, has shitty grades, can't speak Spanish, but he bashes Trump every day at practice.

So how would he know your son's political opinions?