• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Political Gallery

Chuck

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

You do realize that article did not debunk the assertion High School students in Oregon do not have to pass any standardized tests? Just amassing credits doesn't mean the students have achieved any skills, they just attended class. 

The headline on the Tweet is purposely polarized and misleading. 

Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson says 'racism within the Democratic Party' is '800 lb gorilla in the room'

Democratic Dallas Mayor Eric Johnson claimed Wednesday that racism exists in the Democratic Party and likened it to an "800 lb gorilla in the room" that everyone pretends doesn't exist.

"I’m confused and a little disturbed by the reasoning here," Johnson tweeted in a response to a statement from Matthew Dowd, who dropped out of the race for Texas lieutenant governor earlier this week to allow for a more "diverse" field.

"Campaigns are precisely for the purpose of selecting the BEST candidate," Johnson continued. "It seems my friend is saying that Democratic primary voters are incapable of nominating women and minorities if there is a white man on the ballot?"

"If this is in fact the case then shame on the Democratic primary voters who are incapable of voting for women and minority candidates if presented with a white male alternative. But for white male candidates to stop running as Democrats to 'give us a chance' feels wrong to me," Johnson added.

"The problem is NOT white men running for office. The problem is the 800 lb gorilla in the room, which is the racism within the Democratic Party that many pretend doesn’t exist. So the solution isn’t folks like Dowd 'yielding' to candidates of color. It’s addressing the racism," he added.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dallas-mayor-johnson-says-racism-within-the-democratic-party-is-800-lb-gorilla-in-the-room

BTW 

1 minute ago, cals said:

I don’t need to be subtle about it so I’ll tell you a story that happened to me when I was in a small/mid-sized town in Iowa when we were burying my dad 15 years ago.

One of my good friends was great friends with my dad and he is a Mexican dude.  He was with us and one night me and him went out to the bars and as we walked down the Main Street from one bar to another a truck full of good ol’ boys rolled up and yelled something along the lines of “get your Mexican out of our town”.  Now I could have come back with a witty retort about me being his white guy not vice versa but we just ignored it and went into the bar.  Stuck with me though and I’m sure it did with him.  That’s the middle of this country.

So if you want to be “The Mexican” down the street, go, have fun with people talking shit behind your back and worrying if you’ve brought down the property values.

I would never be mistaken for the Mexican. If anything I look southern Italian. When I say “southern” I mean Rome, not those dirty Moors from the island. 

On 12/14/2021 at 7:33 AM, Redondo said:

Political-Cartoon-12.14.21-.jpg?ve=1&tl=

Branco, math genius.

Why are we dividing lawlessness by chaos?

Also, this confirms my long standing suspicion that defund police equals lawlessness divided by chaos minus no bail. Also, if you subtract defunding police from that, NOTHING EXISTS. 

It's all solid logic and most definitely something that the cohort of geniuses known as Branco's target audience has long understood. 

#WWG1WGA #stopthesteal