• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Product recommendation

Adam

6 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Salt Lick is great, but if you want to stay downtown...

Salt Lick tried to make a go of it here. If their Vegas restaurants were typical of what they serve, I don't know how they stay in business. I got a small portion of cold brisket with one runny, bland barbecue sauce. To be blunt, it sucked. Hands down, the worst barbecue I have had in my lifetime. They weren't here for very long.

speaking of food.

did the french laundry for NYE. the one time of the year where the entire menu, including the acclaimed truffle menu, is included. nothing is off limits.

and.... F*CK ME. it's like absolute heaven on a plate.

dom for everyone. the wine never stops flowing. course after course for 4 hours you're just melting with every bite. huge white truffles they bring out in a f*cking humidor to shave for you.

wife and i got invited to meet the chefs and tour the kitchen. just amazing. they also showed us the new kitchen before it opens (they closed down jan 1 for 4 months, to move over to the new kitchen).

if you ever have a chance to go, go. just absolutely, completely, spectacular. 

best meal i've ever had in the united states. takes over the top spot from guy savoy.

and hell they sent us off with 2 bottles of champagne, local baked goods for next morning's breakfast, cookies, jam, etc. all fresh and local. had to drop that off back at the hotel before going back out on the town.

after that we partied all night in wine country and moved slow the next day.

no lemon bars though. so can it really be michelin 3 stars? come on guys. step it up.

On 1/9/2017 at 10:32 AM, calscuf said:

The Meat is Murder tag on the thread reminded me of these fake burgers I had over the weekend:

http://beyondmeat.com/products/view/beyond-burger

I've had all sorts of shit veggie burgers, I'm not completely convinced that this isn't really beef and it's just a prank of vegetarians and vegans.

It basically tasted like and had the texture of beef.  

That company uses Ancient Chinese Secret Ingredient:  MSG - disguised as "yeast extract", loaded to the brim 

sure is tasty though, their pea protein breakfast 'meat' goes good with eggs