• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Glad that it made the list

I was taking an examination online to finish my continuing education credits to renew my Registered Nurse license. The following question appeared on the exam (the italics are mine):

One of the most serious medical effects of using inhalants is death. This is most likely due to: (answers follow).

Glad that death was listed as "one of the most serious" effects, since it obviously didn't qualify as #1.

3 hours ago, Glen said:

Well, if another of the effects is leaving you alive but in a permanent vegetative state, I'd consider that #1 over death.

Or, if it makes you root for the Red Sox even if you don't live in Boston. Then death moves to #3 and there's a tie for #1.

Maybe there is some causation between being permanently brain dead and rooting for the Red Sox.

My MIL had a Thalmic stroke ten weeks ago.  She has been in a SNF for the past eight weeks and someone from the family is there with her each day so I have spent a fair amount of hours there.  There are so many "residents" there that never have visitors, or very rarely get visitors, that my #1 would have to be getting stuck in a facility without anyone who would come to visit.  As a side note, it seems that the number 1 reason people are at this facility is to recover from injuries that occurred due to falling. 

On 12/17/2016 at 3:47 AM, Glen said:

Well, if another of the effects is leaving you alive but in a permanent vegetative state, I'd consider that #1 over death.

Or, if it makes you root for the Red Sox even if you don't live in Boston. Then death moves to #3 and there's a tie for #1.

Then 1 and 2 are probably related.