• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2b Flyer

jgimondo

24 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

If they can't sign anyone better than Pennington/Petit, might as well keep Cowart at 2B and hope for a .700+ OPS to go with the strong defense.

They have to sign or trade for someone better.  They can't continue to have these black holes at 2B and LF.

11 hours ago, VariousCrap said:

I asked Jeff Fletcher about Esco at 2B and he said he has been told that the Angels do not consider that a possibility at all.  So that isn't going to happen.

Yeah, they have had numerous occasions now to move him from 3B and it has never, ever been an option apparently. It ain't happening, unless we pulled off some insane trade for Arenado, Longoria, etc.

22 minutes ago, oater said:

Am I the only one that thinks it would be a good idea to bring S Rodriguez back on a Pennington-like deal?  Poor man's version of Ben Zobrist.

SRod is going to get far more than Cliff did. Someone is going to overpay, and aside from this season, he really hasn't been anything that special. If we didn't have Cliff, Petit, or Cowart already as .675 OPS glove-first UT IF guys, I'd be much more interested, but he doesn't quite bring enough improvement for what he will cost.

2 hours ago, totdprods said:

SRod is going to get far more than Cliff did. Someone is going to overpay, and aside from this season, he really hasn't been anything that special. If we didn't have Cliff, Petit, or Cowart already as .675 OPS glove-first UT IF guys, I'd be much more interested, but he doesn't quite bring enough improvement for what he will cost.

yeah, Pennington is probably not a good comparison.  The projections I have seen for SRod is 2yrs/$10M, which I could live with.  I do think SRod is a far better option than either Pennington or Petit and Cowart hasn't shown that he can hit MLB pitching.  I would rather bring back JohnnyG than go with what is on the current roster.

3 hours ago, oater said:

yeah, Pennington is probably not a good comparison.  The projections I have seen for SRod is 2yrs/$10M, which I could live with.  I do think SRod is a far better option than either Pennington or Petit and Cowart hasn't shown that he can hit MLB pitching.  I would rather bring back JohnnyG than go with what is on the current roster.

SRod is vastly better than Pennington, Petit and Cowart.  No comparison at all.  If you can get him for 5 million a year for 2B, you should consider it.

Like Saunders, and to a degree Reddick, its real hard to project what SRod gets and how interested I'd be in either of them. Any one of them could wind up signing on a really agreeable deal, or a team could open the wallet up and bank on their recent success and pay them as if that was their norm. 

If SRod actually signed around 2/10, yeah, I'd probably be in the mix. I think someone is going to go higher though and take a chance on him as an everyday player at a single position.

11 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Or S-Rod could end up with 500 at bats across multiple positions, like Figgins did before focusing on 3B.

Which would be great, if he could hit more than Pennington or Petit. SRod still has a career OPS of .693 despite his excellent season last year. Not saying he shouldn't be considered, but I don't know if it's worth paying another UT IF $5-8m a year if he sinks back.