• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mathis

8 hours ago, Stradling said:

That's not all that accurate.  So if he has a 401k for ten years, he'd have about $180k plus the market ups and downs.  That's not that much at all.  

But you have to account for the money he made on his endorsements, like those shoes we all bought, and the 50 cents he gets every time we mention him on here in a napoli thread. His agent was ahead of the curve on that one.

On 8/10/2016 at 8:18 AM, Stradling said:

In what could be a tough season for the Angels, if they were to trade Perez and couldn't resign Soto, I wouldn't care if they signed Mathis.  If for no other reason than watching the over reaction when he starts twice a week.  

You know as well as I do that if we gave Mathis back to Scioscia, we would forget who the other catcher is.

3 hours ago, CaliAngel said:

Mathis is that one player of my generation who overcame all the logic of what I thought it takes to play Major League Baseball.

Same here. Unless a guy was an absolute lockdown defender (which Mathis isn't), he was usually out of the game after a couple of years hitting below about .240 or so. How a guy can have almost ten years in the bigs with a career average south of .200 is puzzling at best.