• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Skaggs 1 hit in 7 innings 14Ks

19 minutes ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

I could be wrong but I do know that the first three years in the big leagues the team sets your salary, has the option of sending you to the minors, and your contract is not guaranteed. The league minimum is $500,000 per season prorated to your time on the roster or DL, so players who are called up during the year, or simply on the 40 man roster do not get $500k for the season. Along the fringes I am not entirely sure, so it is possible that second and third year players are guaranteed their salary as long as they remain on the 40 man roster, but that would represent a pretty significant pay increase for those marginal players.

This is Skaggs 4th year, not counting last year.

10 minutes ago, Ace_Shoemaker? said:

Skaggs is back on the mound for Salt lake. 10 strikeouts and 1 hit while leading 3-0 in 5 innings, so far. I'm listening on the Bees website. Today is a double header so the games are limited to 7 innings each.

I've never seen a pitcher dominate in Salt Lake as much as Skaggs has. Even established mlb pitchers have trouble in Salt Lake. 

2 minutes ago, Oz27 said:

Pretty exciting to see Skaggs pitching this well. It will be nice having two starters who are fun to watch instead of the current one.

How about 3....Shoe, Santiago and Skaggs.....and Weaver and Timmy compete....

1 minute ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

I've never seen a pitcher dominate in Salt Lake as much as Skaggs has. Even established mlb pitchers have trouble in Salt Lake. 

Yeah... Heaney, Richards & Shoemaker have all struggled in AAA (Salt Lake) before they were promoted. 

4 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Yep, what he's doing now is pretty freaking hard to do. It's exciting.

4 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Although not crazy numbers like Skaggs' last 2 games, but I think Weaver put up pretty good numbers at SLC for whatever limited time he was there.

Weaver is the only pitcher that comes to mind and that was over 10 years ago.

4 minutes ago, Dick B Back said:

Although not crazy numbers like Skaggs' last 2 games, but I think Weaver put up pretty good numbers at SLC for whatever limited time he was there.

Yeah, Weaver had sick numbers in AAA through 11 starts. Low 2 ERA, more than a strikeout an inning. 

21 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

Yep, then when he was promoted in the same season he went 11-2 with a 2.56 ERA against big leaguers. 

He was promoted, pitched lights out and then was sent back down so brother Jeff could get hammered for a couple more starts.....Jeff then was traded to Cards (helped them win Series) and Jered was promoted again, this time for good.....

Steamer projects a 3.19 ERA for Skaggs in the big leagues for the rest of this season with a 1.17 WHIP and 3.42 FIP. I would be thrilled with something like that. Pecota is a bit more pessimistic though (4.05 ERA, 1.28 WHIP). I'm confident he'll be closer to his Steamer projection than Pecota.

On 7/15/2016 at 7:04 AM, nate said:

Plus remember that Lincecum did the same thing in AAA before he came up and we all know how that worked out.

Would rather make sure Skaggs is ready to avoid another injury.

So Skaggs beat Lincecum's strike out record in this season in the minors?