• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

ESPN

ettin

Have the ESPN Giants/Rockies game on and Grant Green made a nifty defensive play to get Trevor Story out at first and, after the challenge call, they began heading to commercial and one of the ESPN commentators said, regarding his defense, "that is why he's in the lineup today".

I still think Green is better than what he showed with the Angels.  Defensively, he reminded me of Brandon Wood's offense.  Just no confidence whatsoever, and guys like that, the ball tends to find.  I don't know if he's figured it out defensively or not, but the way his bat could play up at second base makes him intriguing.  This could could be an outstanding regular.

Or if he's still just as awful defensively as he showed with the Angels and just has no confidence in his game, then he'll be out of baseball soon.  Such a weird game, some of the most talented players amount to nothing in the majors, yet others with nothing more than grit can carve out a few seasons of consequence. 

3 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

I still think Green is better than what he showed with the Angels.  Defensively, he reminded me of Brandon Wood's offense.  Just no confidence whatsoever, and guys like that, the ball tends to find.  I don't know if he's figured it out defensively or not, but the way his bat could play up at second base makes him intriguing.  This could could be an outstanding regular.

Or if he's still just as awful defensively as he showed with the Angels and just has no confidence in his game, then he'll be out of baseball soon.  Such a weird game, some of the most talented players amount to nothing in the majors, yet others with nothing more than grit can carve out a few seasons of consequence. 

The most talented players amount to nothing in baseball? I would say the opposite the most talented players usually have pretty long careers. You need all three to be great tho work your ass off, be talented AF and stay pretty healthy

5 hours ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

"I still think Green EVERYONE is better than what he showed with the Angels."  

"Such a weird game, some of the most talented players amount to nothing in the majors on the Angels, yet others with nothing more than grit can carve out a few seasons of consequence." 

Fixed.

3 hours ago, Kevinb said:

The most talented players amount to nothing in baseball? I would say the opposite the most talented players usually have pretty long careers. You need all three to be great tho work your ass off, be talented AF and stay pretty healthy

The minor leagues are littered with EXTREMELY talented players that just couldn't put it all together. Major league benches are littered with players without any standout tools other than defense.

54 minutes ago, ScottyA_MWAH said:

The minor leagues are littered with EXTREMELY talented players that just couldn't put it all together. Major league benches are littered with players without any standout tools other than defense.

Sure they are talented they got to that position being a professional ball player but your going to tell me that the people in the minors are more talented than the people in the majors? Maybe yhe fringe players but the everyday players in the league are there for a reason. Better work ethic better skill set and probably stayed healthier and we're just better. 

23 hours ago, ettin said:

Have the ESPN Giants/Rockies game on and Grant Green made a nifty defensive play to get Trevor Story out at first and, after the challenge call, they began heading to commercial and one of the ESPN commentators said, regarding his defense, "that is why he's in the lineup today".

Don't you have to hit as well?