• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We're about 10 days away

RenoHalo

From the shit hitting the fan, I think. I suspect that before anyone gets fired, JDP will try to save face and at least attempt to make a big deal. Thinking about trade possibilities, the Angels don't have much of a surplus of anything, so they are going to have to weaken one area in order to strengthen another. Coming into the year, the offense was supposed to be a huge strength. So far, it has looked pretty much like the early 2012 version, a couple of guys producing, a couple sucking, and nobody going off and 'carrying' the team. The pitching, as expected, has been the weaker of the two groups. Not one guy on the staff has separated himself from the suck, with most of them being far below career averages so far, a nightmare scenario. So, if they do try to swing a deal, I'm guessing they would have to part with a position player (or 2), and try to obtain some mound help. For the sake of discussion (and with only a few minutes of vodka-fueled thought), I'll throw one out there. I have been reading that the Rays, according to scouts, are going nowhere this year with that offense. They seem to have a bit of a surplus of pitching, so here goes: Kendrick, Conger, and RJ Alvarez for Alex Cobb, Chris Archer, and Sean Rodriguez. Again, this is just throwing a discussion dart out there, I'm no GM....hopefully, some of you guys who are more keen to other teams' pulses will post some ideas. My thinking here is the Angels could plug Cobb and Archer right into the rotation, and Sean-Rod could take over 2b. Release or 'injure' Blanton, and move Hanson or Vargas to the bullpen. The Rays could bring up Jake Odorizzi to replace Cobb, and plug Howie and Hank right into the starting lineup. Flame away...