• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

This year's Angels billboard

yk9001

I don't have a pic, but its the one with the big A... and in lighter print, there are all kinds of stats - 24 all star games... 10 world series appearances.... 7 batting crowns... (I may have the numbers wrong).

What is the point here?  Are these all the accomplishments made by current angels when they were with Texas, St. Louis, etc?

All those numbers were for Trout's rookie season. Would have been easier if they just put in his WAR.

I don't have a pic, but its the one with the big A... and in lighter print, there are all kinds of stats - 24 all star games... 10 world series appearances.... 7 batting crowns... (I may have the numbers wrong).

What is the point here?  Are these all the accomplishments made by current angels when they were with Texas, St. Louis, etc?

Um... I think you guys are missing the point.  It is hyping the players that are playing for the Angels to encourage people to go watch them play.

I don't give a sh*t about what those guys did for other teams.  Even though we are the ones rewarding them now for their past accomplishments.

More marketing genius by the big guy.

I don't give a sh*t about what those guys did for other teams.  Even though we are the ones rewarding them now for their past accomplishments.

More marketing genius by the big guy.

You are still missing the point.

They are saying come see three big time players play for the Angels NOW.  It isn't about what they did before.  It also isn't in any way marketed toward you.  It is marketed toward the casual fan that might not know who all is playing for the Angels now or what they have accomplished.

You are still missing the point.

They are saying come see three big time players play for the Angels NOW.  It isn't about what they did before.  It also isn't in any way marketed toward you.  It is marketed toward the casual fan that might not know who all is playing for the Angels now or what they have accomplished.

Oh I got the point just fine.  The billboard sucks.  The marketing campaign sucks.

I'd like to see a true representation the Arte era, with number of times team has been no-hit, number of perfect games against them, number of times shut out, number of GIDP.

The first time I saw that board several months ago I thought it was perhaps the dumbest marketing campaign the team has ever done.

I'd rather see an enormous Luis Polonia in a banana hammock with the quote "Bring all your kids to the park."

At least I'd laugh.