• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thank you: ettin, DocHalo, AngelsJunky & Inside Pitch

Chuck

Yes, I'd like to join the chorus of kudos and thanks to all those guys and to Glen and Jonathan for stepping up and writing so much. This year has been brutal for me on many fronts, and I just haven't had the time or energy to write so much. I will do my best to revert back to write g more next year. Just a couple of more hurdles to get through, and things should settle down a bit for me.

Yes, I'd like to join the chorus of kudos and thanks to all those guys and to Glen and Jonathan for stepping up and writing so much. This year has been brutal for me on many fronts, and I just haven't had the time or energy to write so much. I will do my best to revert back to write g more next year. Just a couple of more hurdles to get through, and things should settle down a bit for me.

Dave I hope you are able too as well you are my favorite writer here! :D

I encourage all posters to visit statcorner.com, that's where I do a great deal of my research.

Nice to see you turn over a new leaf.   You've had a tendency to take pot shots at statistical analysis whenever possible in the past.  I've never really understood why, I always viewed stats as a tool -- like a radar gun or a stopwatch.   Statcorner is one of my favorite sites because it tracks park tendencies and some of the more obscure predictive stats and their league adjustments.   When you know what the park and league tendencies are it becomes a lot easier to tell the difference between Brandon Wood and Randal Grichuk, et al.

Statcorner is great.  Also one of the first places to track pitch framing.

Edited by Inside Pitch

Nice to see you turn over a new leaf. You've had a tendency to take pot shots at statistical analysis whenever possible in the past. I've never really understood why, I always viewed stats as a tool -- like a radar gun or a stopwatch. Statcorner is one of my favorite sites because it tracks park tendencies and some of the more obscure predictive stats and their league adjustments. When you know what the park and league tendencies are it becomes a lot easier to tell the difference between Brandon Wood and Randal Grichuk, et al.

Statcorner is great. Also one of the first places to track pitch framing.

I didn't realize I had taken pot shots, if that's the case I'm sorry. I'm a hypocrite because I use statcorner for EVERYTHING, I especially like that it's useful for minor leaguers and allows me to adjust for park factors and year by year shifts in performance.

I didn't realize I had taken pot shots, if that's the case I'm sorry. I'm a hypocrite because I use statcorner for EVERYTHING, I especially like that it's useful for minor leaguers and allows me to adjust for park factors and year by year shifts in performance.

No harm no foul -- Statcorner is awesome.  Its my sincere wish that EVERY Angels fan on this site who follows the farm system tracks our guys via statcorner.com.  

No harm no foul -- Statcorner is awesome. Its my sincere wish that EVERY Angels fan on this site who follows the farm system tracks our guys via statcorner.com.

I didn't start using it until two years ago, and I want to say you turned me onto it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, after I discovered it, I started playing around with it, discovering which stats I could use to assess and others that weren't as useful. I like Rv600 and am amused by PWR+ though I'm completely unaware of how they factor it to come out with a value. I use wOBP+ and will at least peruse the ahead% behind % FB% and LD% but mostly just to see if it matches up with my observation. It typically does, but there are some cases, Choi specifically.