• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scott Weiland has passed away.

RIP, bud

Scott ("Why") was a classmate and friend of mine from way back in HS, as we both began playing in bands ( we never did play in the same bands tho).

He obviously struggled with his demons and handling the success of his endeavors.  He was very talented, and I think it's a sad day for music.

I hope his passing serves to wake-up a lot of others in the industry as a warning.

• 2 weeks later...

Born in 1985 and getting driven to school in the 90's with the radio on I think ever since I heard of Scott Weiland and STP on the radio in the car with the lyrics "And I feel and I feel when the dogs begin to smell her"  my mother loved some of their songs but told me he was a hardcore drug user that couldn't keep his life together and was difficult to be in a band with. I didn't understand it too much at the time but I really think that kind of talking steered me away from any kind of hardcore drugs.

Never been a drug user or tryer. Stuff always scared the living hell out of me. Never condemned anyone around me who used, I'm sure it's a lot of fun while you're doing them, but asking me to participate was out of the question. Over the years I know way too many good people who turned into druggies, losers, who've killed themselves, and then there's a handful who (being some of my closest friends) I am so glad have gotten out and are doing really well.

Weiland was so far gone for so long. Surprised he lasted as long as he did.

Will always believe it's that first time that screws you for life.

I am also entirely empethetic to people who can't be happy with just being an alive human being in a world where you only get one chance.

I did mushrooms one time, and it was the best thing ever. I was with friends at a house in Buena Park near Knott's so I could see the rides, and the Supreme Scream tower was bouncing side to side.

I'd suggest if you do them you have your head on straight and you're super super secure with yourself, the environment, and people you're around, because I could see being freaked out around people you don't know or in an area you're not familiar with like the woods or outdoors. Looking in the mirror was super creepy and again I'd only suggest it if you really think you could handle such a thing.

It's like getting really really stoned for the first time all over again, except nature talks to you and you get hallucinogenic.

After such a good trip there was no reason for me to do them again.