• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jake Lamb

I think should get Lamb, but for another reason.

I think he would fit well with Trout, Featherston, Cowart, and Cowgill.

I suggest we go after these players:  Charlie Furbush, Chris Bassitt, Kevin Quackenbush, Yean Carlos Gil, Brad Peacock, Aaron Crow, Dexter Fowler, Marlon Byrd, Greg Bird, and John Lamb.

I'm also indifferent on these players, but think they could find a role: Chad Qualls, Jack Leathersich, Tommy Hunter, Adam Loewen, Ryan Vogelsong, Buck Farmer, Kyle Lobstein, Anthony Gose, and Andrew Lambo.

I think should get Lamb, but for another reason.

I think he would fit well with Trout, Featherston, Cowart, and Cowgill.

I suggest we go after these players: Charlie Furbush, Chris Bassitt, Kevin Quackenbush, Yean Carlos Gil, Brad Peacock, Aaron Crow, Dexter Fowler, Marlon Byrd, Greg Bird, and John Lamb.

I'm also indifferent on these players, but think they could find a role: Chad Qualls, Jack Leathersich, Tommy Hunter, Adam Loewen, Ryan Vogelsong, Buck Farmer, Kyle Lobstein, Anthony Gose, and Andrew Lambo.

Dude, you have a lot of free time.

People probably say the same about me after the prospect rankings and reports are released. In all honesty, it gets to be difficult to provide a quality report on prospect #30 when the system is as depleted as it is. You look for basically anyone with even one plus tool and decent numbers at the lower levels.

Anyway, back to Lamb. I'd run something like Cowart, Shoe/Santiago, Bedrosian and McGowin for him, to see if the D-Backs bite. I can see him turning into a .280 20 HR type of hitter with decent defense.

People probably say the same about me after the prospect rankings and reports are released. In all honesty, it gets to be difficult to provide a quality report on prospect #30 when the system is as depleted as it is. You look for basically anyone with even one plus tool and decent numbers at the lower levels.

Anyway, back to Lamb. I'd run something like Cowart, Shoe/Santiago, Bedrosian and McGowin for him, to see if the D-Backs bite. I can see him turning into a .280 20 HR type of hitter with decent defense.

Would you be willing to part with Cron from him? I think he has a bit more valuable than a couple of those guys and he may be what could get the deal done. Not that they would have any use for him really with Goldy at 1st, but maybe to flip for a solid 4-5 mlb-ready young pitcher (Tropeano type)

Replace Cron with Morneau. He would come almost at no cost because of the salary we would be freeing by sending that package over. 

No, I wouldn't part with Cron. Lamb is excellent, and while his ceiling isn't as high as either Cowart or Kubitza in my mind, he's a safer bet. But the upgrade wouldn't constitute handing over a 1B that can hit .280 and 30 HR's as early as next year. Power tends last for a while, so Cron should be able to contribute on a major league team for close to a decade. At his pinnacle of the career, Cron might give the Angels 40 HR's. I don't trade that away, especially in their current offensive situation.

Cowart, Santiago, Bedrosian and McGowin is already a decent price to pay. At minimum you're looking at an elite defender, backend starter, hard throwing RP, and a prospect that will either be a starter or reliever. At the best, this could turn into an overpay.

No, I wouldn't part with Cron. Lamb is excellent, and while his ceiling isn't as high as either Cowart or Kubitza in my mind, he's a safer bet. But the upgrade wouldn't constitute handing over a 1B that can hit .280 and 30 HR's as early as next year. Power tends last for a while, so Cron should be able to contribute on a major league team for close to a decade. At his pinnacle of the career, Cron might give the Angels 40 HR's. I don't trade that away, especially in their current offensive situation.

Cowart, Santiago, Bedrosian and McGowin is already a decent price to pay. At minimum you're looking at an elite defender, backend starter, hard throwing RP, and a prospect that will either be a starter or reliever. At the best, this could turn into an overpay.

Okay, that's reasonable. I'm with you in that I think Cron has a huge upside in the offensive department. Basically Trumbo with less raw power but more than a hit-miss type swing. Just wanted to get your opinion on that.

Only thing questionable is his defense. Somebody brought up an interesting point in another thread about Cron seeing more and more time at first. With that in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing what Cron can do next year. See if he can carry over his second-half success and hopefully improve on the defensive side of the ball. Depending on where Cron is come late July, or next off-season  we can decide on what his future will be? 

Okay, that's reasonable. I'm with you in that I think Cron has a huge upside in the offensive department. Basically Trumbo with less raw power but more than a hit-miss type swing. Just wanted to get your opinion on that.

Only thing questionable is his defense. Somebody brought up an interesting point in another thread about Cron seeing more and more time at first. With that in mind, I wouldn't mind seeing what Cron can do next year. See if he can carry over his second-half success and hopefully improve on the defensive side of the ball. Depending on where Cron is come late July, or next off-season we can decide on what his future will be?

I think his defensive shortcomings are being overstated. I watched him in the minors, where he looked so bad you'd wonder if there was an athletic bone in his body. He's worked his way into being a passable defender at 1B. Not good, might not even be average, but he's adequate to play there on a daily basis. His lateral movement has been ok, scooping ability is actually quite good, but he does get crossed up when he shouldn't and isn't as instinctual as you'd hope. Still he's fine.