• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Best Crowds in Sports

I love when our own fans bitch about attendance or about Angels talk, yet they don't go to games and they don't call Angels talk. Going to a game can still be affordable. I bought a single ticket on Stubhub for my sons friend so she could join us and it cost less than $8.

If you want to compare us with Boston, take a look at capacity numbers. Don't they sit around 99.2%, where we aren't close to that high.

Last year we were 4th in the AL and in 2013 we were 3rd in % of stadium capacity

I'll leave any other facts for you to look up from this point on.

I love when our own fans bitch about attendance or about Angels talk, yet they don't go to games and they don't call Angels talk. Going to a game can still be affordable. I bought a single ticket on Stubhub for my sons friend so she could join us and it cost less than $8.

Every time I or anyone else on this board attempts to call Angel Talk, Terry Smith whips out the ban hammer faster than Angel Oracle in a Rally Monkey situation*

*trailing in the 6th or later with a runner on base.

I do this all the time. Buy tickets on the cheap and go down to the empty seats in the 100s

I am weird and don't really do that because it would take me a few innings to be comfortable. I would always be looking over my shoulder waiting for someone to say I'm in their seat. Then the idea of people thinking I'm a cheap bastard trying to steal good seats. Then again with season seats I seldom by extra games anymore.

I do this all the time. Buy tickets on the cheap and go down to the empty seats in the 100s

The terrace level down the right field line is a great candidate for this too. Depending on how far around you are your view can be slightly restricted, but you'll never get any trouble in terms of being moved on.

Coming into this late, so forgive me if I'm rehashing points that have already been made. In my experience though, nothing beats a good (major conference) college football game, especially if it's a close game/rivalry thing. I know I'm biased, but some of my favorite sporting events ever were witnessed from the student section at KSU games. The only baseball environment I ever saw that came close (and I get that the crowd dynamics/nature of baseball is an entirely different thing) was game 6 of the '02 series.

Edited by Don

College football

Being a PAC fan, as much as I hate to say it, the fans at Oregon just do not compete.  Sure the in game experience and noise is good but other than that it really is not close.  So many college football fans in other areas east of the rockies are literally at the stadium all day.  I was floored when I went to an Ole Miss game and they are really not even at the same level as an Auburn, Alabama, or Texas A&M from what you here.  I am going to a Nebraska and Michigan game this year.  I hear Nebraska fans are crazy.  They are usually ranked as one of the best.  Oregon just seems great because most of the PAC schools are awful.  Oregon, Utah, and Arizona seem to have the best in game environment in the PAC.

Oh realllllllly? Why is it consistently ranked in the top five loudest stadiums then? Why did then Michigan coach Lloyd Carr say: "That's the loudest stadium I've ever been in." Or how about Jahvid Best: "Honestly, any other away game I don't really even hear the crowd. Oregon was the only place where it really got on my nerves." Lee Corso when asked what stadium he thought was the loudest: "I think it's Autzen Stadium... The fact that it's so low to the ground doesn't allow noise to escape." Still not satisfied? Here is Adrian Peterson's take: "It was like some sort of crazy torture in the movies. How do people do that so long without taking a breath? I think my ears are still ringing."

In the end, I believe that Michigan Daily writer J. Brady McCullough put it best: "The audience adopts a new collective identity for the next three-and-a-half hours: the 12th, 13th and 14th man. Autzen's 59,000 strong make the Big House collectively sound like a pathetic whimper. It's louder than any place I've ever been, and that includes 'The Swamp' at Florida, 'The Shoe' in Columbus and 'Death Valley' at Louisiana State. Autzen Stadium is where great teams go to die."