• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia's Bullpen Management

Is it the worst in baseball?

This thing with Salas and Alvarez in close games but no Rasmus or Gott. Street comes in down 3-0 but didn't pitch the other night in a tie game? Even in the first round of the playoffs in 2002, he was making awful moves. This has always been his downfall.

And yes, I realize in the last few years he had nobody reliable to go to ao that can't be pinned on him. But he does now. So what's the excuse here? Play for the season and not the game? Well, if we miss the playoffs by a game or two or the division by a game or two, we will wish he had done something different

I don't usually jump on the "jump to conclusions" or "blame the manager" bandwagon but I gotta say I would be perfectly happy to see Salas being DFA just so Scioscia can't use him in high leverage situations. 

Yeah, that's always a good idea, give the manager fewer options.

This is anythinhg but a well stocked bullpen. Smith, Street and maybe Rasmus. The rest are below league average. Salas and Alvarez should never see the mound unless it is a blowout. Gott still struggles with fastball command and has no offspeed pitch. Given that There should have been a move to acquire some bullpen help.

Every player has a role on the team. You can't blame Scioscia for their suckage. A manager has to show trust in all his players. It's better to play them now so you can decide their future on the team before the playoffs. One of them may have to be DFA. It's a shame no relievers were traded for by the deadline ... may have to go the waiver wire route or promote from within or just keep playing them.