• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Thoroughbred Racing

Shoulda put more $ into the 11 in the last. +$47 on the day. Bird at the wire killed my pick 4.

Runhappy - What A View double paid $19.20. Total overlay. I really need to learn how to bet

That's where tote boards, and better yet the online   'will pay/probables'    tools help so much. You can actually watch the exacta payouts change in near real time. Makes a difference in how I bet, that's for sure.

Yeah I get so one-track minded. Yesterday was a pick 3, a pick 4 and some tris. Never occurred to me to look at anything else. Glad I didn't go though based on GBs report.

I've heard that the connections are going to stretch runhappy out this year. That would be dumb. Let this horse do what he does. He's not going to beat Dortmund or Frosted going 8+

Yeah I get so one-track minded. Yesterday was a pick 3, a pick 4 and some tris. Never occurred to me to look at anything else. Glad I didn't go though based on GBs report.

I've heard that the connections are going to stretch runhappy out this year. That would be dumb. Let this horse do what he does. He's not going to beat Dortmund or Frosted going 8+

Let's put it this way.  You know the cafeteria at Santa Anita.  There was a line 20 deep just to get in.  And yet, if you knew there was another entrance, no line.  For live tellers, it was about 25 deep all day.  Luckily there were lots of machines, and if you just looked, they had some in odd places that was only about 3 deep.  Drinks were a constant 20-30 minute wait.  Looked like the parking lot was completely full.  So if it's anything like Breeders Cup day, it would take an hour+ to get out of there.  When I was getting in, turf club vallet was backed up about 20 cars long. 

It really did remind me of a Breeders Cup day, with the amount of people. 

It's nice to see renewed/revigorated interest in our sport.

It really is a beautiful sport, and I was beginning to think (worry) it really was going to die off for lack of interest and bad publicity.

Long lines are a good thing!

(of course I wasn't there) but still.

More people will be hired if it stays crowded on big days...so that's a good thing too.

Edited by Homebrewer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...