• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gas Prices

NJHalo

2 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Oil prices are collapsing on rumors of a possible Ukraine/Russia cease fire. WTI Crude was down below $100 today.

Still $6.29 at my local Chevron though. 

Our leaders here in California want the prices to stay high. They think this is a good way to stop us from using fossil fuels. Don’t expect it to go down very much. I will be shocked if we ever see it dip below $5 a gallon 

3 hours ago, Jason said:

Our leaders here in California want the prices to stay high. They think this is a good way to stop us from using fossil fuels. Don’t expect it to go down very much. I will be shocked if we ever see it dip below $5 a gallon 

And yet it seems that there are more and more people driving every time I am on the road.

6 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

Oil prices are collapsing on rumors of a possible Ukraine/Russia cease fire. WTI Crude was down below $100 today.

Still $6.29 at my local Chevron though. 

Funny that people still blame the government for high gas prices.

3 hours ago, Jason said:

I forgot that Sacramento has told gas companies they need to price gouge.

WTF kind of state do we live in?

Dems propose new tax on gas suppliers

First up: Gas tax. After twice refusing to consider GOP Assemblymember Kevin Kiley of Rocklin’s bill to suspend California’s excise gas tax for six months, a key Assembly committee passed it on Monday — after gutting the contents and inserting an entirely new measure from Democratic Assemblymember Alex Lee of San Jose.

• Lee’s amendments would, among other things, impose a new tax on gas suppliers when the price of a gallon of gas is “abnormally high” compared to the cost of a barrel of crude oil — and send the tax revenue back to California drivers via a rebate.
  • The move prompted fierce anger from Republicans: “Only Assembly Democrats would think you can bring down gas prices by increasing the gas tax,” said GOP Assembly Leader James Gallagher of Yuba City. “Today’s stunt in the Transportation Committee shows just how far Democrats will go to delay and avoid giving Californians any relief from high gas prices.”
  • Democratic Assemblymember Laura Friedman of Burbank, who leads the Transportation Committee, defended the move and said she was “a little appalled and shocked that you all are so appalled and shocked by this. This is exactly our process — that we debate a problem and what the solution is going to be. We didn’t invent any of this procedure. This is longstanding procedure about what we do in committee.”

13 minutes ago, Jason said:

By taxing gas companies? Lol, how is that going to lower costs to you and I? The state of California gouges us all the time so that would be hypocritical of them. 

Remove taxes if they keep the prices below a certain threshold. Pile on the taxes if they decide to raise prices because of the typical BS reasons (summer blend, etc.).

Everyone wins!

Just now, Taylor said:

Remove taxes if they keep the prices below a certain threshold. Pile on the taxes if they decide to raise prices because of the typical BS reasons (summer blend, etc.).

Everyone wins!

Or greatly increase supply and remove taxes we pay 

Just now, Jason said:

Or greatly increase supply and remove taxes we pay 

Even if we said "F the polar bears (and our grandchildren)" and harvested every last drop of oil in the U.S., it would still be a drop in the barrell compared to the supply coming from the Middle East and Russia.

And it will eventually run out. What do we do then?

22 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Everyone wins!

I believe the point is that any increase in cost to the supplier will be passed on to us, the final consumer.

57 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Even if we said "F the polar bears (and our grandchildren)" and harvested every last drop of oil in the U.S., it would still be a drop in the barrell compared to the supply coming from the Middle East and Russia.

And it will eventually run out. What do we do then?

Our technologies with renewable and clean energy will be the standard long before we run out of fossil fuels 

13 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

Conservatives when they see the word "taxes":

Star Trek Reaction GIF

But white, obv.

You have to understand that many of us here live in California and it is relentless here. I just talked with a friend that moved to Missouri last fall. She has a Dodge Charger that cost her about $500 a year to register it in Cali. She just got it and her husband’s truck registered there for two years for a combined total of $98. It’s hard not to be irritated with what we have to pay. I’m assuming most liberals in this state don’t like them much either.