• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Talk about Nanny State!

Wow the UK can be pretty nuts...

The ASA has banned a BMW M4 advert

The Advertising Standards Agency has upheld a complaint regarding an advert featuring the BMW M4, meaning it cannot be shown again in the UK.

The advert features an M4 convertible on both road and racetrack; the complainant believed the ad encouraged unsafe driving and asked whether it was socially irresponsible.

The ASA's assessment noted that it was unclear which setting - race track or road driving - was being shown, and therefore told BMW it must not appear in this form again. You can read the full assessment here.

Usually on American tv when you see those extreme driving commercials there is some sort of disclaimer or warning that comes up on the screen like, "closed course. professional driver."

I remember early Fiat 500 ads, one segment of which showed one plummeting off a high cliff into the water. I believe that the disclaimer said "Do not attempt". I thought to myself, boy, I'm glad they put that on there, because I was sure tempted to try that.