• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Posey or Molina

santini1

Thats an interesting assessment.  Care to elaborate?

Having looked at their career numbers, Posey is better offensively, but over a large sample size it equates to x amount of hits. I'd have to do the math, but I think it's not even an extra hit a game. So on average both are going ~2 for 5 every game.

I say both players bring something different to a team. If my team is full of young pitchers, I want Molina. If my team needs offense, then I pick Buster.

Pretty much. It's really preference, either guy is great to have.

I think it's a good debate question where I wouldn't say someone was wrong for picking either.

Having looked at their career numbers, Posey is better offensively, but over a large sample size it equates to x amount of hits. I'd have to do the math, but I think it's not even an extra hit a game. So on average both are going ~2 for 5 every game.

Keep in mind Brandon that large sample sizes are skewed because of multiple factors.

First..I'll grant that Posey is better offensively. If he isn't the best..he's in the top two or three (with Lucroy and whoever else you wanted to throw out there).

But, defense is ALWAYS first priority for a catcher. Hell, Ianetta had better offensive numbers than Molina this year...does that mean you guys want Ianetta over Yadier? Hell no!

In just a few more games (for this year only) here's the tally: Posey 58/23 (sb/cs)...Molina 23/21 (sb/cs).

Sure...the pitchers who actually do hold on the runners matter...but it's not like the Giants have bad starters.