• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fundraiser-In-Chief: Tippecanoe and Biden too!

If only to not disappoint Tobias, it's worth mentioning that we get not one, but TWO! fabulously timed fundraising visits from the White House this week!

The Vice President of Plugs is in town to grab some cash today and part of tomorrow.  However, it doesn't look like his visit will have too much of an effect on traffic.  He's chosen off-peak travel times and roads that are rarely used...

From KTLA:

Motorists have been advised to avoid the following areas at the aforementioned times.

Monday: 

• Near the 405 Freeway and Santa Monica Boulevard from 3 to 6 p.m.
  • Near Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard from 3 to 8 p.m.
  • Near Sunset Boulevard between North Barrington Avenue and Mandeville Canyon from 5 to 9 p.m.

Tuesday:

• Near Santa Monica Boulevard and Wilshire Boulevard from 8 to 10 a.m.
  • North Broadway between West 19th Avenue and Daly Street from 8:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.
  • North Spring Street between South Avenue 18 and Arcadia Street from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Near West Cesar East Chavez Avenue and North Grand Avenue from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
  • Grand Avenue between West Cesar East Chavez Avenue and West Olympic Boulevard from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.

While bus routes were not expected to be impacted, any riders on a tight schedule were encouraged to find alternate routes by visiting metro.net.

I like the wording from the above.  If you're on a tight schedule...tough shit.

Whoops!  In all the excitement, I forgot to mention the o.g. Fundraiser-In-Chief's visit.  That don't come until Thursday, which is considerate, as most everyone is off the road by then.  A very light day on our roads here.

Regrettably, the FIC's fundraising adventure this time around takes him to Gwenyth Paltrow's where a ticket to see your leader will run just a hair over $32K.  The good news?  You get a dinner with that.  Hopefully it's all veggies so the FIC doesn't catch hell when/if he goes home.

I keep waiting for a fundraising adventure -- or any trip by the FIC -- that will take him to South Central or Koreatown or East LA.  He seems to really like the Beverly Hills area.  I wonder if Gwenyth Paltrow makes minimum wage.  Fight the power, Gwenyth!

Whoops!  In all the excitement, I forgot to mention the o.g. Fundraiser-In-Chief's visit.  That don't come until Thursday, which is considerate, as most everyone is off the road by then.  A very light day on our roads here.

Regrettably, the FIC's fundraising adventure this time around takes him to Gwenyth Paltrow's where a ticket to see your leader will run just a hair over $32K.  The good news?  You get a dinner with that.  Hopefully it's all veggies so the FIC doesn't catch hell when/if he goes home.

I keep waiting for a fundraising adventure -- or any trip by the FIC -- that will take him to South Central or Koreatown or East LA.  He seems to really like the Beverly Hills area.  I wonder if Gwenyth Paltrow makes minimum wage.  Fight the power, Gwenyth!

Hey, stay the **** away from East LA holmes!

it's really disappointing that for all the times the FIC has been here, it's never to meet with business leaders or see the people. it's always about $$$.

like jimmy kimmel said a few weeks ago, barry is like a college student that only stops by his parents house in LA when he needs money, then takes off again until the next time he's tapped dry.

Was waiting for this thread once I heard about the trip this morning

You had a great chance to do a preemptive strike on the FIC thread.  Very disappointed.  I didn't post until late afternoon.

I'll admit, I'm burning out on these threads myself.  It's the FIC's 20th trip to SoCal since 2009.  The DNC said his trip this past July would be the FIC's last for the year, probably in an effort to sell tickets.  The truth, as always in politics, is relative.

Obama slams the rich at the home of Rich Richman:

http://pagesix.com/2014/10/08/obama-slams-republicans-as-party-of-billionaires/

President Obama blasted Republicans as the party of “billionaires” on Tuesday while mingling with high-rollers at the $26 million estate of Rich Richman — yes, that’s his real name — in Greenwich, Connectiut.

Richman, who built his $10 billion company developing rental housing, lives in the Conyers Farm area, where the minimum lot size is 10 acres. Twenty-five donors paid $32,400 each to get their photo taken with the president. Others paid $10,000 for dinner.