• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

All homegrown team vs. All free agent/trade team

Would your lineups look any different? 

Homegrown

C Mike Napoli

1B Wally Joyner

2B Howie Kendrick

SS Gary DiSarcina

3B Troy Glaus

LF Garret Anderson

CF Mike Trout

RF Tim Salmon

SP Chuck Finley

SP Mike Witt

SP Jered Weaver

RP Troy Percival

RP K-Rod

Free Agency/Trade

C Bob Boone

1B Rod Carew

2B Bob Grich

SS Rick Burleson

3B Doug DeCinces

LF Brian Downing

CF Fred Lynn

RF Vlad Guerrero

SP Nolan Ryan

SP Bartolo Colon

SP Bert Blyleven

RP Lee Smith

RP Donnie Moore

Why not take our roster and remove all of the free agents and supplement the remaining positions with farm talent and do the same with the Yankees or Boston. You would probably find neither of those teams could find 25 players to fill the roster.

Do the same with the A's, no trades get to play and that includes guys that were traded as minor leaguers only real home grown talent and see what kind of powerhouse they end up with.

C Conger

1st Navarro

2nd Kendrick

SS Aybar

3rd Hernandez

LF Borenstein

CF Trout

RF Calhoun

DH Cron

This would be an average offense with some holes but we already have those now. But we would only have two guys in the starting lineup that we haven't seen before and would probably play close to league average.

I guess there could be a good argument for Erstad at 1b over Joyner. Joyner was huge for a couple of years but for totality of career i would give edge to Erstad. Edmonds was a great player but we are certainly not putting him ahead of Trout. And as good as he was i wouldn't put him over Salmon and Garret. We certainly had some great home grown outfielders during that time.

Somehow, in the homegrown, not having Erstad or Abbott seems wrong. Rosters need to be expanded.

Good topic. I would consider listing Orlando Cabrera possibly ahead of Burleson for the FA/trade lineup.

Burleson hurt his shoulder shortly after the Angels traded for him and was not a very productive player after that....