• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Punk

i can't wait until the Lakers get the top pick just so we can hear the conspiracy theorists go apesh*t

Seriously, that would make for some great popcorn-eating drama.  It happens.  Hell, Orlando had the 11th worst record back in 1993 and moved all the way down to #1.  I'd love it if they acquired the #1 just for the options it would give us.  Collison would be a nice add.

That would be epic.  I would actually trade the Celtics the #1 for the #2 if they gave us their second first rounder (#17).  Screw teams like Philly (and to a lesser degree Milwaukee) that blantantly tanked and consistently suck.  Marquee players shouldn't waste years playing for crappy franchises.  This is a great draft to give star players to LA and Boston, and revive that rivalry.  Good for us...and for the NBA.

Which teams and what do they have to offer?

The teams that supposedly intrigue Love are Chicago and Golden State.  A CBS article says GS wouldn't want to include Thompson and speculates D. Lee, Harrison Barnes and a 2015 1st rd pick would be the type of package they would offer.  Phoenix and Houston have both been mentioned as being interested.  None of these teams will have a 1st rd pick like the Lakers can offer but they've all got better rosters they can build trade packages from.  Love supposedly told the Minnesota FO he wants to get to a winning situation which isn't something the Lakers can guarantee.  If Minnesota wanted to reload with picks and young players Boston could offer more than the Lakers have 2 first round picks this year.   

Other than GS ( not a good deal for Minn without Thompson) and Houston ( Minn will want a high pick) i can see the other teams all in the mix.  Of course, who wouldn't want him?

The lottery is going to interesting

Hard to believe that in a period of three years Ben Howland had:

Kevin Love

Russell Westbrook

Aaron Afflalo

Darren Collison

Jordon Farmar

Luc

Two all stars, two solid NBA starters and two solid NBA role players.

Because they've had the #1 pick 3 out of the last 4 years. The odds of that happening have to be extremely low.

Exactly. Having a 1.7% chance was bad enough compared to our 6.3% but they get the number 1 pick every year since Lebron left except for 1. I forget who said it but when I was watching someone was making the point how they do this year after year and get rewarded for it.