• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Trout now leads the league in BOTH Baseball Reference and FanGraphs WAR

He's ridiculous. He's got a good chance to surpass 10 fWAR for the second year in a row. Last person to do that? Barry Bonds. Before that? I think it was Willie Mays, but am not absolutely sure (Pedro Martinez was very close, with an absurd 11.9 in 1999 and then 9.9 in 2000, but he's a pitcher).

Wins Above Replacement--all   1. Trout (LAA) 6.4       2. Gomez (MIL) 6.3         3   McCutchen (PIT) 6.3           4. Kershaw (LAD) 6.3             Cabrera (DET) 6.3            6. Wright (NYM) 5.6            7. Machado (BAL) 5.5                     8. Sale (CHW) 5.4            9. Hernandez (SEA) 5.3           10. Votto (CIN) 5.2          Goldschmidt (ARI)  5.2

WAR Position Players   1. Trout (LAA) 6.4           2. Gomez (MIL) 6.3             McCutchen (PIT) 6.3           4. Cabrera (DET) 6.3         5. Wright (NYM) 5.6            6. Machado (BAL) 5.5                      7. Goldschmidt (ARI) 5.2   Votto (CIN) 5.2              9. Davis (BAL) 5.0            10. Gonzalez (COL) 5.0

Offensive WAR   1. Trout (LAA) 7.6            2. Cabrera (DET) 7.3           3. Davis (BAL) 5.6             4. McCutchen (PIT) 5.4            5. Wright (NYM) 5.1             6. Beltre (TEX) 4.6                   7. Votto (CIN) 4.5                             8. Cano (NYY) 4.4                  9. Seager (SEA) 4.4              10. Kipnis (CLE) 4.3

Hall Of Fame Statistics
Player rank in (·)

Black Ink Batting - 8 (288), Average HOFer ≈ 27

Gray Ink Batting - 36 (688), Average HOFer ≈ 144

Hall of Fame Monitor Batting - 39 (491), Likely HOFer ≈ 100
Hall of Fame Standards Batting - 32 (265), Average HOFer ≈ 50

JAWS Center Field (140th), 17.9 career WAR/17.9 7yr-peak WAR/17.9 JAWS
Average HOF CF (out of 18) = 70.5 career WAR/44.1 7yr-peak WAR/57.3 JAWS

LOL..  he's been in the league for less than 2 full seasons and he's already at 17.9 WAR -- the average career WAR for CFs in the HOF is 70.5...    It's unreal.

Many of his offensive numbers are better than last year's magnificent season. Higher BA, OBP, SLG, more doubles, same number of triples, more walks, significantly fewer strikeouts, on pace for more RBI, and adjusted OPS+ of 181. He will have fewer HR and SB, but that's about it.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime player. 

Many of his offensive numbers are better than last year's magnificent season. Higher BA, OBP, SLG, more doubles, same number of triples, more walks, significantly fewer strikeouts, on pace for more RBI, and adjusted OPS+ of 181. He will have fewer HR and SB, but that's about it.

This is a once-in-a-lifetime player

He can still have higher home run this year than last year.

At this date last year, he had the same number of home runs as this year.

But obviously he is not hitting home runs at a same rate as last year so far.

I think he will top off at at about 40 home runs in a few years and hopefully get a few 40-40 seasons.

Apparently Trout is not eligible for free agency until 2017??

However is eligible for arbitration in 2015 & 2016 if I'm not mistaken.

I'm going to enjoy him while he lasts with us, and this organization better get their heads out of their asses and start winning some pennants and taking advantage of his skills while he's still performing at such a high level. I don't know if we continue to suck if he's going to want to stay and put up with this crap. I can tell you right now, I wouldn't.

Because right now Trout is showing no signs of decline. He's going to be a superstar.