• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/7/24 3:40pm Pacific): Angels @ Pirates: Sandoval on the mound, no Ward or Rengifo

6 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Baseball Savant has live box scores that can show this.  Here's the Angels/Pirates one:

https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/gamefeed?date=5/7/2024&gamePk=745508&chartType=pitch&legendType=pitchName&playerType=pitcher&inning=&count=&pitchHand=&batSide=&descFilter=&ptFilter=&resultFilter=&hf=playerBreakdown&sportId=1#745508

EDIT: To give some more detail:

- The live box scores are at the top of the BS home page: https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/

- Click on the game you want and if you want to see the pitch breakdown, click on the blue "Player Breakdown" tab in the middle of the page, on the line that starts with a blue "Scoreboard" tab.

According to that he only threw 3 fastballs tonight. I can remember all 3, he threw 2 to McCutchen in one at bat and his last pitch was 97.2. I find it hard to believe he only threw 3 fastballs. 

Just now, Stradling said:

According to that he only threw 3 fastballs tonight. I can remember all 3, he threw 2 to McCutchen in one at bat and his last pitch was 97.2. I find it hard to believe he only threw 3 fastballs. 

Gubie commented on his low fastball usage fairly late in the game and said he only had thrown two at that point.  I don't know if he's looking at the StatCast/Baseball Savant stuff or just tracking it on his own, but just thought I'd note that.

3 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Gubie commented on his low fastball usage fairly late in the game and said he only had thrown two at that point.  I don't know if he's looking at the StatCast/Baseball Savant stuff or just tracking it on his own, but just thought I'd note that.

Yea I looked back at the at bat against Cutch and they didn’t seem to call them fastballs, they called two pitches that were 95.6 and 95.8 mph sinkers. 

After two exciting overtime NHL playoff games it was a nice casual nightcap seeing an Angel blowout win. 

Funny with the Pirate announcers interjecting constantly on balls in play. Yelling "go foul" on Pillar's first homer and muttering with resignation as the game progressed. 

The hot corner sure was that for both teams. Embarrassingly so. And hardly up to major league standards.

But bad defense is to be expected in a battle of bottom dwellers. 

Sandoval pitched one of his best games. Hope it propels him to more success. 

I guess Pillar will be a regular starter now. He certainly earned it with a career game. And Calhoun continues to scald the ball and have good at bats. 

A very good chance to finally win a series and give Soriano more confidence.