• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread (5/1/24 1pm): Phillies @ Angels: Sandoval on the mound, Pillar in LF

Every single time Moniak strikes out looking, he’s always shaking his head or mumbling something.

Almost always, it’s on a strike. So I don’t know if he’s upset with the umpire and really bad at judging the zone or upset with himself.

1 minute ago, BTH said:

Every single time Moniak strikes out looking, he’s always shaking his head or mumbling something.

Almost always, it’s on a strike. So I don’t know if he’s upset with the umpire and really bad at judging the zone or upset with himself.

When your slumping and your trying everything including too much and swinging at bad pitches. Then you watch a hittable pitch on the outer half go by. It's completely in his head and he's now questioning everything!

8 minutes ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Watch the cup at the end of Moniaks bat.... if you see it he's wrapping and his swing becomes looooong... 

You're right...so far so, it's almost facing the pitcher when he's loading to swing.

My favorite way to alleviate that problem was to get my hands back as far as possible towards the backstop, and hold the bat as vertical as I could.

That way there was no (or minimal) load, and my only movement was *down* to the ball. Seemed to shorten and speed up my swing.

4 minutes ago, CaliAngel said:

You're right...so far so, it's almost facing the pitcher when he's loading to swing.

My favorite way to alleviate that problem was to get my hands back as far as possible towards the backstop, and hold the bat vertical.

That way there's no load, and my only movement was *down* to the ball. Seemed to shorten and speed up my swing.

Works for soft toss, dry swings and BP also! 

Or, rotate your shoulders while keeping your hands back. Then it's hips and hands, see contact then finish.

Arianna just did that on the foul ball down 3b side before he struck out... 

9 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

We're not going to get another baserunner, are we?

This offense...

Taylor Ward says hello.