• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The official 2024 PGA thread

1 hour ago, Amazing Larry said:

I think he gets his last free pass at Augusta next year. No way he plays the senior tour.

We don't get to see him play on any tour much longer...

He isn't playing on tour. He just shows up for the majors and can't be competitive. Maybe if he were to grind out a few John Deere Classic or a State Farm tourney like the rest of the PGA players he could work himself back into tournament shape. But playing a round at his local and smashing balls at the range isn't how to prepare for a major. He needs to grind out 72 holes against playing partners, against a field, against himself. 

I'm sure he knows this and I'm sure he knows he probably can't do it. So he looks for lightning in a bottle before he really can't walk 18 holes. But what he isn't going to be doing is walking 18 tomorrow.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Amazing Larry said:

I think he gets his last free pass at Augusta next year.

incorrect. as a former champion, he has a lifetime pass to play in the  tournament every year. larry mize still plays, and he's about as relevant and competitive as me. same with ian woosnam and a few others. 

i think tiger takes a serious run at the senior tour for a few years. he'll be able to use a cart and that will help him a ton.

i think he'll win a few majors there and then ride off into the very lucrative sunset of course design.

35 minutes ago, Tank said:

incorrect. as a former champion, he has a lifetime pass to play in the  tournament every year. larry mize still plays, and he's about as relevant and competitive as me. same with ian woosnam and a few others. 

I think you eventually get cut off if you don't go for something like 5 straight tournaments.

59 minutes ago, Tank said:

So does Fred Couples, Bernard Langer, and Jose Maria Olazabol, to name a few more.

I think Tiger’s pride won’t let him play if he feels he can’t at least be competitive.  He’ll be doing himself, and his legacy, a disservice.  He doesn’t need to “hang out at Augusta” for a few free drinks and a Champions Dinner.

Like a said on the previous page, I feel he will continue to play until his body breaks down completely, which it seems is getting close.  But to @Blargpoint, he’s not going to just show up and turn the clock back to 2001.  He needs to get competitive rounds in and not just rounds with Charley.  He simply can’t.

My coworker has a bunch of pants he got from Xander something or other (SIL knows the wife I guess), I’d never heard of the guy because I don’t follow golf but I guess he’s doing ok.

8 minutes ago, katie said:

My coworker has a bunch of pants he got from Xander something or other (SIL knows the wife I guess), I’d never heard of the guy because I don’t follow golf but I guess he’s doing ok.

Yeah, he’s doing OK, @katie.  He’s pretty good.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, St1ck said:

Lowry can put so much beer into the Wanamaker trophy. I'm here for it. 

When Lowry won the Claret Jug in 2019, his victory celebration was one for the ages, so the rumor was.

I’ll bet guys still are hung over from it, it was that epic.

He seems like a great guy, and a dude who his easy to root for.

Edited by PattyD22

The course is playing easy after all of the rain. Stay out of trouble and short and long irons with hold on the greens. McIlroy is sticking everything close and is charging along with the rest of the field. 

Boy, if JT could just make a few of those very makable putts he’s missing, he could be at least tied or maybe even up 1 by now.

His putter is killing him the last few holes.

xander off to a good start with birdies on two of his first four holes. lowery and bryson chasing him down. should be an interesting sunday. 

1 hour ago, Tank said:

xander off to a good start with birdies on two of his first four holes. lowery and bryson chasing him down. should be an interesting sunday. 

Please X man.  Please win this so Bryson doesn’t.  Please seal this deal