• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official Los Angeles Angels 2023-2024 Hot Stove Offseason Thread

Chuck

Cool, I guess. It's hard to get too excited when the next add is likely to be Adam Duvall. Hopefully it means, Arte has gotten over his Ohtani went to the Dodgers pity party and is actually planning on opening up the wallet and letting Perry do his job.

5 hours ago, Second Base said:

Yanks DFA'd Bubba Thompson. A smart team would be all over that. 

Sorry, please explain this to someone who only sees that he was a first round pick 6.5 years ago, and has a career OPS of .765 in the minors with a 26% strikeout rate

8 hours ago, ThisismineScios said:

Yeah but do you see his extension? Such a stupid move, it's Tepera all over again. 

Trust me, I'm not a fan of giving relievers multi-year contracts. But this guy is apparently legit so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

9 hours ago, m0nkey said:

Sorry, please explain this to someone who only sees that he was a first round pick 6.5 years ago, and has a career OPS of .765 in the minors with a 26% strikeout rate

Bubba is one of those guys that really needed that year of lost developmental time from COVID, but when he's right, he posts decent contact rates, has enough pop in his bat to keep them honest and plays elite defense. 

Similar to Jordyn Adams. Has options. Good stash.