• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (9/16/23): Tigers @ Angels: Anderson on the mound, Schanuel, Walsh, Fletcher all playing

jsnpritchett

5 minutes ago, totdprods said:

I don’t know that there’s ever been an Angel I want to see rebound as much as Jared Walsh, at least in recent memory. Love that guy. I hope he tears it up next couple weeks and makes the Angels scrap any plans of non-tendering him. 

I like him a lot, too, in part because he's a Georgia boy like me.  But I do wonder if two weeks of hot hitting is going to be enough to save his roster spot, given the health and production issues he's had all season.  Definitely going to be a tough call if that happens.

Brett Phillips is one of the most frustrating baseball players I’ve ever seen. When he’s doing things right he just looks like he has it all - really great baserunning, great baseball instincts, a pretty swing, great defense, good at-bats - but it seems like he only does that about 10% (being generous) of the time he’s on the field. The rest of the time it’s just him striking out. This goes back years. 

Edited by totdprods

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

Schanuel already is 9th on the team in walks, more than Neto, Moniak, Escobar, Urshela, Moustakas, O’Hoppe, Wallach, Grichuk….all guys with like 150-200+ plate appearances. Schanuel isn’t even to 100 yet.

He seems like exactly what you’d want from the 2 hole hitter. Not fast enough to lead off, but unbelievable hitting prowess to get on base.