• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rengifo injury "doesn't look good," getting tests; Moniak back injury "minor"

jsnpritchett

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Rengifo injury "doesn't look good," getting tests; Moniak back injury "minor"

2023 was truly the season that broke me as a fan. 

it’s like a mariners fan is playing MLB the show in franchise mode and picked the angels just to ruin them and laugh at the suffering. That’s 3 major injuries this year on a run of the mill swing. O’hoppe, Trout, and now Rengifo. All of Neto, Ohtani, and Adell all with prolonged oblique issues. 

what’s the issue?? This can’t be a coincidence. 

39 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Didn’t anyone notice this last night in his final at bat?  I saw him take a second and shake out his hand.  To me when I saw it last night I thought we were looking at another Mike Trout situation with a possible hamate bone issue.  

last night it was his right hand. tonight it was his left hand. wouldn't have known this but wayne and gubi showed video of it. 

34 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

Incoming Tommy John? 

Let's hope not....shouldn't read too much in to Nevin's comments but, whatever it is, he had some idea to mention "elbow" and "not good"....although some of the reports describe the injury as "biceps"....I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night so not sure if that is a distinction that matters....and might be less serious than Tommy John....

13 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

If Rengifo is out for more than a few games, I wonder if this opens up the possibility of bringing back David Fletcher for the rest of the season?  Doing so shouldn't add any money to the payroll, and that certainly seems to be a consideration right now.

It would make sense.....I think things are probably going to be resolved with his contract, one way or another, this winter.....the idea to keep him "stashed" in the minors and not potentially lose him to Free Agency if he gets outrighted again probably has to end at some point....keeping that going for another year seems to be unlikely....

Just now, DMVol said:

It would make sense.....I think things are probably going to be resolved with his contract, one way or another, this winter.....the idea to keep him "stashed" in the minors and not potentially lose him to Free Agency if he gets outrighted again probably has to end at some point....keeping that going for another year seems to be unlikely....

Yeah, at a certain point, either use him or let him go.  Gotta pay either way, so if they really do now hate him as a player as much as they seem to, just cut bait.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

If Rengifo is out for more than a few games, I wonder if this opens up the possibility of bringing back David Fletcher for the rest of the season?  Doing so shouldn't add any money to the payroll, and that certainly seems to be a consideration right now.

Or Walsh, even.

Since Walsh can play the OF and they were using Rengifo in the OF some.

14 hours ago, Stradling said:

Didn’t anyone notice this last night in his final at bat?  I saw him take a second and shake out his hand.  To me when I saw it last night I thought we were looking at another Mike Trout situation with a possible hamate bone issue.  

I thought the same thing initially, but didn’t say anything because he continued to play.

Whereas Trout had to come out immediately.

So I figured it wasn’t the same thing.

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

We were assured that Fletcher was the worst hitter in baseball history. Absolutely horrible, and doesn't belong near a baseball diamond. So scratch that.