• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels recall Davis Daniel, select Jhonathan Diaz, option Gerardo Reyes, place Jaime Barria on IL

mmc

9 minutes ago, mmc said:

Most “casual” fans probably couldn’t name the entire healthy 26 man roster either 

Maybe I am.  What I was saying was that even with a healthy roster at the beginning of the season, there’s likely players that the casual fan is unfamiliar with, so I don’t think these types of roster moves really matter as far as that goes

1 minute ago, mmc said:

Maybe I am.  What I was saying was that even with a healthy roster at the beginning of the season, there’s likely players that the casual fan is unfamiliar with

You are missing the point.

35 minutes ago, mmc said:

Explain it to me then

I thought I did.

Most fans like to see players they’re familiar with. When the names on the back of the jersey are constantly different, they lose interest.

Where's Trout? He's hurt.

Where's Ohtani? He's hurt.

Where's Fletcher? In the minors?

Where's Renfroe? Traded?

Who's that? Trey Canbage?

Who?

After a while, these casual fans check out. 

It doesn't help that the team is losing. At the same time the revolving door is a byproduct of losing.

Most fans aren't like the AW faithful. They're not going to be excited to see Paris play.

Eventually they tune out completely or find another team. We saw the Angels fan base grow a lot after 2002 (not a bad thing). I imagine it's been shrinking for the last 10 years because of the losing. AND when the players they know disappear, they do too.

Also…

Arte understands this. That’s probably why he has signed guys like Pujols and Rendon. 

We know that philosophy is flawed, but he’s trying to entertain the fans. 

Now… he has players the fans don’t recognize and the team sucks. It’s a mess.

27 minutes ago, T.G. said:

I thought I did.

Most fans like to see players they’re familiar with. When the names on the back of the jersey are constantly different, they lose interest.

Where's Trout? He's hurt.

Where's Ohtani? He's hurt.

Where's Fletcher? In the minors?

Where's Renfroe? Traded?

Who's that? Trey Canbage?

Who?

After a while, these casual fans check out. 

It doesn't help that the team is losing. At the same time the revolving door is a byproduct of losing.

Most fans aren't like the AW faithful. They're not going to be excited to see Paris play.

Eventually they tune out completely or find another team. We saw the Angels fan base grow a lot after 2002 (not a bad thing). I imagine it's been shrinking for the last 10 years because of the losing. AND when the players they know disappear, they do too.

Time to start throwing paper airplanes from the 3rd deck?

3 hours ago, T.G. said:

Also…

Arte understands this. That’s probably why he has signed guys like Pujols and Rendon. 

We know that philosophy is flawed, but he’s trying to entertain the fans. 

Now… he has players the fans don’t recognize and the team sucks. It’s a mess.

The thing is, Rendon wasn’t a “big name” when he was signed.

Not sure anyone was showing up to watch Rendon, even when he was performing at his prime Nats level.

10 hours ago, BTH said:

The thing is, Rendon wasn’t a “big name” when he was signed.

Not sure anyone was showing up to watch Rendon, even when he was performing at his prime Nats level.

That's debatable.  He was fresh off a World Series championship and had led the league in RBI's.  Regardless of whether or not he's a "big name" to you- the point remains about what appears to be Arte's focus.