• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium Member today for an ad-free experience. 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/13/23 11am): Angels @ Astros: Silseth on the mound, Moniak leading off

• jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/13/23): Angels @ Astros: Silseth on the mound, Moniak leading off
  • jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/13/23 11am): Angels @ Astros: Silseth on the mound, Moniak leading off
14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Makes zero sense to have Moniak leading off, especially since Urquidy has very strong reverse splits:

Career OPS allowed vs RHB: .786

Career OPS allowed vs LHB: .611

So this is basically like leading off Moniak vs a lefty.

(Of course, now that I've said this, he'll go 3 for 4 with a HR...).

It's not like the team will be worse today than they were on Friday and Saturday. 

It doesn't matter who pitches today or any other day (besides Ohtani). We are showing no heart. We have averaged 4 to 5 hits a game in the last 9 games. And losing 22 to 6 in the past 2 games shows the Angels don't really care about winning. I absolutely hate Huston and wish we could beat them. I can never get out of my head that they cheated. But no matter what, we would have to face them in the playoffs, and we currently aren't even close to their level. I am going to hate seeing Ohtani in another jersey. Wouldn't be surprised if Trout asks to be traded also.

26 minutes ago, Angels 5150 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Trout asks to be traded also.

I would. He announced before the season "I'm going to do whatever I can to keep Shohei here" then proceeded to have his worst season and got injured, as he often has in the last 5 years.  

Asking for a trade would be pathetic. 

30 minutes ago, Justin said:

I would. He announced before the season "I'm going to do whatever I can to keep Shohei here" then proceeded to have his worst season and got injured, as he often has in the last 5 years.  

Asking for a trade would be pathetic. 

If someone took his contract I'd trade him.

Of the starting lineup only Ohtani, Rengifo and Wallach have played together beyond this season. And Wallach only played 12 games last year while Rengifo was/is a utility player. And it's been like this in various combinations for a good part of the season. 

Hard to have a team in sync offensively, defensively and  attitude wise when they don't have a lot of familiarity and continuity. 

9 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Of the starting lineup only Ohtani, Rengifo and Wallach have played together beyond this season. And Wallach only played 12 games last year while Rengifo was/is a utility player. And it's been like this in various combinations for a good part of the season. 

Hard to have a team in sync offensively, defensively and  attitude wise when they don't have a lot of familiarity and continuity. 

Yeah, when I heard that Atlanta fields the same lineup day after day, the contrast with us hit home. Of course, the Braves have had very few injuries. Whatever they're doing, maybe we need some of that.

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Yeah, when I heard that Atlanta fields the same lineup day after day, the contrast with us hit home. Of course, the Braves have had very few injuries. Whatever they're doing, maybe we need some of that.

They draft well, sign solid international players, and are aggressive at extending their homegrown players, rather than over-spending on high-priced free agents and stop-gap players.