Jump to content
  • Welcome to AngelsWin.com

    AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

    Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

    Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

     

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: (8/13/23 11am): Angels @ Astros: Silseth on the mound, Moniak leading off


Recommended Posts

  • jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/13/23): Angels @ Astros: Silseth on the mound, Moniak leading off
  • jsnpritchett changed the title to Gameday Thread: (8/13/23 11am): Angels @ Astros: Silseth on the mound, Moniak leading off
14 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Makes zero sense to have Moniak leading off, especially since Urquidy has very strong reverse splits:

Career OPS allowed vs RHB: .786

Career OPS allowed vs LHB: .611

So this is basically like leading off Moniak vs a lefty.

(Of course, now that I've said this, he'll go 3 for 4 with a HR...).

It's not like the team will be worse today than they were on Friday and Saturday. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter who pitches today or any other day (besides Ohtani). We are showing no heart. We have averaged 4 to 5 hits a game in the last 9 games. And losing 22 to 6 in the past 2 games shows the Angels don't really care about winning. I absolutely hate Huston and wish we could beat them. I can never get out of my head that they cheated. But no matter what, we would have to face them in the playoffs, and we currently aren't even close to their level. I am going to hate seeing Ohtani in another jersey. Wouldn't be surprised if Trout asks to be traded also.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Angels 5150 said:

 Wouldn't be surprised if Trout asks to be traded also.

I would. He announced before the season "I'm going to do whatever I can to keep Shohei here" then proceeded to have his worst season and got injured, as he often has in the last 5 years.  

Asking for a trade would be pathetic. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Justin said:

I would. He announced before the season "I'm going to do whatever I can to keep Shohei here" then proceeded to have his worst season and got injured, as he often has in the last 5 years.  

Asking for a trade would be pathetic. 

If someone took his contract I'd trade him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of the starting lineup only Ohtani, Rengifo and Wallach have played together beyond this season. And Wallach only played 12 games last year while Rengifo was/is a utility player. And it's been like this in various combinations for a good part of the season. 

Hard to have a team in sync offensively, defensively and  attitude wise when they don't have a lot of familiarity and continuity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Duren, Duren said:

Of the starting lineup only Ohtani, Rengifo and Wallach have played together beyond this season. And Wallach only played 12 games last year while Rengifo was/is a utility player. And it's been like this in various combinations for a good part of the season. 

Hard to have a team in sync offensively, defensively and  attitude wise when they don't have a lot of familiarity and continuity. 

Yeah, when I heard that Atlanta fields the same lineup day after day, the contrast with us hit home. Of course, the Braves have had very few injuries. Whatever they're doing, maybe we need some of that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Yeah, when I heard that Atlanta fields the same lineup day after day, the contrast with us hit home. Of course, the Braves have had very few injuries. Whatever they're doing, maybe we need some of that.

They draft well, sign solid international players, and are aggressive at extending their homegrown players, rather than over-spending on high-priced free agents and stop-gap players. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...