• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Hanging it up today

11 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Much like @Vegas Halo Fanand hopefully my brother, @ten ocho recon scout very soon, I officially hung up my jacket today on our retirement wall at our headquarters in Los Angeles after 33 1/2 years.  It was more emotional than I thought it would be, but I truly appreciate the friends, co-workers and family that got to spend the day with me.  I truly have appreciated serving the citizens of Los Angeles and I look forward to spending more time with my wife, kids and grandkids.  It’s been an amazing journey.

DA0816AE-6596-4D15-AF40-602924C9DDFB.jpeg

1F0C8696-CAEA-40D1-A5A0-F8E640A416FE.jpeg

6759F0E9-A9B3-421C-9EC8-6E95AF9116B2.jpeg

Are we filing a work comp case???

14 hours ago, PattyD22 said:

Thanks @Jason.  It’s weird after so many years to be able to get a full, good night sleep.  I immediately took off my watch and threw away my calendar.  Not sure how I’m going to cope with this new freedom.  More Angels games and more golf I suppose is a good start.

Congrats @PattyD22 on your retirement. Took me almost a year after I retired before I wanted to get into any kind of routine. Just chill and enjoy!

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Congrats @PattyD22 on your retirement. Took me almost a year after I retired before I wanted to get into any kind of routine. Just chill and enjoy!

Turn on Angels game.  Swear at TV.  Drink beer.  Swear some more.  Turn off TV.  Say you will never watch them again.  Till the next game, where you start the cycle again.

That isn't a routine?

Congratulations, brother. Welcome to the world of leisure.

I can identify with throwing away the calendar. I don't know the date unless I look at my phone. The alarm clock only goes off if I have an early morning medical appointment, which I try to avoid. I get things done around the house, but at my own pace.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

Congratulations on a wonderful career and for your service, @PattyD22.

My daughter is getting married to a firefighter in a couple weeks who isn't even a year in as a fireman in Murfreesboro, TN. 

I'm super proud of him and couldn't be happier for my daughter. He's a good young man. 

That’s awesome @Chuckster70.  It’s a great profession and I hope your daughter and son in law have a great life together.  The schedule can be hard to deal with at first for young wives and especially young mothers, so if she can deal with that, she’ll be able to handle anything life throws at them.  

I wish them the best, buddy.

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Congratulations on a wonderful career and for your service, @PattyD22.

My daughter is getting married to a firefighter in a couple weeks who isn't even a year in as a fireman in Murfreesboro, TN. 

I'm super proud of him and couldn't be happier for my daughter. He's a good young man. 

There’s a Subway near the Stones River battlefield. If you go there, ask for avocado on your sandwich. They’ll immediately peg you as a Californian. 

Sorry @PattyD22, just seeing this post. Congrats brother! Jealous of you 😉

Glad you're walking away. I'll never understand the guys who stay... lol, maybe it's just me, but I scratch my head at the guys who are like "I can retire, but I'd rather still get up, shave and answer to my boss instead of sleeping in everyday"

I imagine with all the recent rain it should be a phenom fire year in a few months, so nice timing to get out 😉