• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Air fryer

NrM

It is if you buy a good one.  We bought ours at Costco a couple years ago and it’s pretty awesome, especially if you are only cooking for 2, like my wife and I.  We tend to only make small, side dishes in it like rosemary red potatoes, and a few other things, but worth it.

Especially great at reheating pizza.  Crisp vs microwave soggy.

Never used one myself but I went to a neighbor's house for a cocktail party and he made chicken wings in his air fryer. Pretty good but I imagine his air fryer was a mess afterward. I would hate cleaning it up. That's probably why I don't have one.

I do have a toaster oven though and it is really good for reheating stuff.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I bought one of those 9 in 1 ninja air fryer from Costco. I love it as it kicks ass with my dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets

I have the same, its huge. What I really wanted was a simple replacement pressure cooker but my wife got suckered into this beast.

I use it for corned beef and it does a very good job with it but takes forever to come to cooking temperature which kind of defeats the whole purpose of the pressure cooker and that is reduced cooking time. 

We tried it for chicken wings, a whole chicken along with potato wedges and were pretty unimpressed by each of the results. It's a cumbersome round oven that nothing really fits well in it. I would never replace it if and when it breaks. I'd just buy a good pressure cooker. 

A friend I used to cook with a lot bought me a Nuwave Bravo XL. It's an all in one, but I think more of a convection oven, although it has an air fryer mode.

I saw the list this morning and Amazon is running a Prime Day the next two days and has an air fryer on there if you wanted to pick one up for a great value.

18 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I have a Cuisinart air fryer that I cook wings in all the time. They come out way better than any other method of cooking IMO.

I buy the wings from Costco. The key for my model is to put water in the tray below the rack so the fat drippings don't smoke up the kitchen.

Took me a minute, but that’s the kicker in mine, too. A bit of water in the drip tray so that clean up is a breeze.

55 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude -- I pretty much stopped using everything else.   If you want to cut down on the mess some are talking about, buy the parchment paper inserts -- makes a HUGE difference in cleanup.

Same. I did that, too. It's not 100%, but a lot easier and worth the buy.

7 hours ago, Brandon said:

A friend I used to cook with a lot bought me a Nuwave Bravo XL. It's an all in one, but I think more of a convection oven, although it has an air fryer mode.

I saw the list this morning and Amazon is running a Prime Day the next two days and has an air fryer on there if you wanted to pick one up for a great value.

yep think I got a good deal on Amazon. Went with the Ninja

2 hours ago, NrM said:

yep think I got a good deal on Amazon. Went with the Ninja

Enjoy. I used to use mine daily, but as I've started to master a cast iron I use it less.

But it's great, I just made salmon tonight in mine. I'll do bacon tomorrow morning. You'll enjoy it, plus there are a ton of videos and recipes on YouTube.

19 hours ago, Inside Pitch said:

Dude -- I pretty much stopped using everything else.

This. I was at a buddy’s house and he used one to re heat fries that came out better and quicker than an oven. I bought one the next day for under $50. There’s only two of us so we didn’t need a massive one.  It’s been a game changer and now I wonder how we got by before.