• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2022-2023 Anaheim Ducks Thread

gotbeer

So who is a better player.  Jones, Comtois, or Leason?  

Jones, 24, 24th overall.  38 gp.  7 pts.

Comtois, 24, 50th overall.  40 gp.  9 pts.

Leason, 23, 56th overall.  40 gp.  5pts

I personally think they all have a future on the 4th line atm.  Only one is being used there though.

Hard to say on Leason. At this point he’s 3, I would say. But he’s a project. So...

Comtois could be 1, but his lack of effort puts him at 2-3, I think (And I would bet, Verbeek too).

So, I would say Jones is 1 with his all around play. But damn, the guys got to get a little more offense or he’s toast (4th line type) going forward.

24 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

You've fallen to the dark side.

I like Lundestrom a lot.

Bedard is my Anakin Skywalker.  

Lundestrom needs to be playing on line 1-2, not line 3-4.  If you have to bump Vatrano or Strome, so be it.  Lundestrom and Rico on the same line would be a good two way line.  The only bad thing is, Lundestrom, Rico, Z, McTavish.  All L shooters.  Only Terry is a R.  Did I mention Anakin is a Right?

52 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

So, the writer thinks the Ducks would retain half his salary (When the way he's been playing, he's worth the full amount) and only bring back a low 2nd round pick and a lessor prospect.

Some writers , when they don't have content, just publish stupid stuff.

26 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

So, the writer thinks the Ducks would retain half his salary (When the way he's been playing, he's worth the full amount) and only bring back a low 2nd round pick and a lessor prospect.

The problem is that any team looking for a player like Henrique has no cap space. All the contenders are tapped out so any deal likely needs retained salary. It would be similar to what they got for Manson last season

1 hour ago, deepdrive said:

I can understand why they are saying that.  but really, if you are retaining 50% of Rico's salary, you better be getting a first for him.  Might be too expensive.  But for the Ducks, if you are going to be trading Rico away vs what benefit he gives the team.  You better be getting that value back.  

And who knows.  The lack of Rico talk outside of speculation, might be he's happy where he is and Beeker doesn't see a need to even mention him in trade talks.  I'm sure Beeker has let it be known who is available, or probably a shorter list, who is not available.  Really, if anyone Terry, Z, McTavish and the other young guys can learn from, it's Rico.  Just the way he conducts himself on the ice.  You rarely see him challenging refs or other players, unless of course it's sticking up for his players.  He just goes about his business.  

12 hours ago, arch stanton said:

The problem is that any team looking for a player like Henrique has no cap space. All the contenders are tapped out so any deal likely needs retained salary. It would be similar to what they got for Manson last season

11 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I can understand why they are saying that.  but really, if you are retaining 50% of Rico's salary, you better be getting a first for him.  Might be too expensive.  But for the Ducks, if you are going to be trading Rico away vs what benefit he gives the team.  You better be getting that value back.  

And who knows.  The lack of Rico talk outside of speculation, might be he's happy where he is and Beeker doesn't see a need to even mention him in trade talks.  I'm sure Beeker has let it be known who is available, or probably a shorter list, who is not available.  Really, if anyone Terry, Z, McTavish and the other young guys can learn from, it's Rico.  Just the way he conducts himself on the ice.  You rarely see him challenging refs or other players, unless of course it's sticking up for his players.  He just goes about his business.  

And, you guys are just making my point. Which maybe I didn't go far enough to make clear.

If what the writer said is correct, you don't make the trade. Henrique is more valuable to the Ducks than what is being offered. Hence, to say that is a deal to be made is foolish. The writer is just throwing stupid content out. The Ducks could trade Henrique at the end of the season or the next trade deadline and get just as much or more. The only possible reason to make that trade is if you're going Chicago and deliberately sabotaging your team.

The part of teams not having cap space is where taking back contracts and getting quality draft picks takes place. Teams do have the ability to make a deal. It's more a matter of the cost than cap space - which can be fixed for a price.

30 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

That's good news. I thought we lost that guy. From everything I've read, he's the one most likely to have an impact of the college D guys in our ststem.

The writing is on the wall.  Hopefully Thrun sees it also.  

Drysdale out for the rest of the season.  3 UFA's that will probably be moved by the trade deadline.  Only leaves Fowler, Vakannainen, and Benoit on the roster along with White.  It's a big opportunity for guys like Helleson and Andersson at the AHL level, and guys like Thrun and LaCombe at the end of their college stints to show that they are ready for the next step.  

17 minutes ago, deepdrive said:

Hey, how about that Super Bowl.

On yeah, the Ducks played, too. Or, at least they showed up.

Are we back in the hunt for Bedard?

Superbowl was great, until the refs stuck their noses in it.  

Bedard watch is back on.  I don't dig these games before the Superbowl.

Our defense went back to playing shades of yestermonth. It's going to be interesting to see how they look after the big purge.

You know what was interesting? They put the Super Bowl on the internet for everyone to watch for free. I guess that's how you get 7M for a 30 second commercial. Still don't know how they worked that out with the cable providers. The NHL should take notice and learn something, instead of always playing for the short game.

2 hours ago, deepdrive said:

Our defense went back to playing shades of yestermonth. It's going to be interesting to see how they look after the big purge.

You know what was interesting? They put the Super Bowl on the internet for everyone to watch for free. I guess that's how you get 7M for a 30 second commercial. Still don't know how they worked that out with the cable providers. The NHL should take notice and learn something, instead of always playing for the short game.

Superbowl is on OTA tv.  Not on a cable station.  So that's probably how they get around broadcasting it on the internet.  

On 2/12/2023 at 9:19 PM, deepdrive said:

Hey, how about that Super Bowl.

On yeah, the Ducks played, too. Or, at least they showed up.

Are we back in the hunt for Bedard?

Super Bowl was an entertaining game, and the Ducks-Knights game was outstanding. It was on in the cigar lounge where I went to a Super Bowl party until the football game came on.

Knights figured something out during the break. They have outscored their opponents 17-4 since then. They were having trouble scoring, and trouble stopping anyone. Getting their defensemen back helped.

Edited by Vegas Halo Fan