• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Rodney Dangerfield Style No Respect from ESPN

Hubs

Who cares about ranking on a bs source like ESPN? Or for that matter, any media source? All that matters is how we perform on the diamond. If people start giving us our just props, cool. But if not, it is what it is. Piss on them. Polls in college sports, power rankings in pro sports, etc have never held that much appeal to me.

1 minute ago, Lou said:

Polls in college sports matter a great deal. 

Yes I understand they matter, but I don't get highly upset if I think the team I follow isn't getting their props. I know in college football big deal obviously, but I don't really follow it and I do follow college basketball way more anyway. But anyway, just in general my main point is that when it comes to polls and rankings and such, there is always going to be vast diffences in some cases who is the best or the worst and differences of opinion.

I don't let it phase me.

3 minutes ago, Barf said:

Yes I understand they matter, but I don't get highly upset if I think the team I follow isn't getting their props. I know in college football big deal obviously, but I don't really follow it and I do follow college basketball way more anyway. But anyway, just in general my main point is that when it comes to polls and rankings and such, there is always going to be vast diffences in some cases who is the best or the worst and differences of opinion.

I don't let it phase me.

I'm not phased. Just pointed something out, but as usual, Pritchett had to come to the defense of anyone who criticizes the Angels. It's what he does.

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm not the only one who has noticed. 

Carry on, soldier. 

I did nothing of the sort in this thread.  I've just never understood why anyone gets upset when some random writer doesn't rank their favorite team where they think they should be ranked.  To say that I was "coming to the defense" of ESPN because they were criticizing the Angels is laughable.  My whole point is that all "power rankings," prospect lists, etc., are never going to make anyone happy--unless they happen to be fans of whatever team is ranked first.  The Angels are playing great right now and they're in first place.  That should matter more than wherever ESPN, The Athletic, etc. arbitrarily "ranks" them.

43 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

I did nothing of the sort in this thread.  I've just never understood why anyone gets upset when some random writer doesn't rank their favorite team where they think they should be ranked.  To say that I was "coming to the defense" of ESPN because they were criticizing the Angels is laughable.  My whole point is that all "power rankings," prospect lists, etc., are never going to make anyone happy--unless they happen to be fans of whatever team is ranked first.  The Angels are playing great right now and they're in first place.  That should matter more than wherever ESPN, The Athletic, etc. arbitrarily "ranks" them.

Why are you such an apologist for ESPN?

1 hour ago, jsnpritchett said:

we're not in first place.