• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Advertising on uniforms

I know most of us hate this, but I looked up what some of these deals are worth

On the high end, Emirates pays Barca 280m over 5 years and on the low end, MLS teams get anywhere from 2-5m per year. 

I have to think it will be somewhere in the 20m per year range for the high end teams - especially one that has Trout and Ohtani.  

While I'm personally not a huge fan, I think I can get on board if it means an additional 20m in revenue per year that can go to additional payroll.  

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

I know most of us hate this, but I looked up what some of these deals are worth

On the high end, Emirates pays Barca 280m over 5 years and on the low end, MLS teams get anywhere from 2-5m per year. 

I have to think it will be somewhere in the 20m per year range for the high end teams - especially one that has Trout and Ohtani.  

While I'm personally not a huge fan, I think I can get on board if it means an additional 20m in revenue per year that can go to additional payroll.  

Are the owners required to spend the advertising money on the team?

not a fan of putting ads on shirts. i'm already inundated enough with logos on the mound, behind home plate, on every wall, and pretty much anywhere you look these days. i hate it in hockey, and i doubt i'll like it anymore in baseball. 

i don't understand how we've reached a point where this is even considered as an option. leave the uniforms alone.

22 minutes ago, Tank said:

not a fan of putting ads on shirts. i'm already inundated enough with logos on the mound, behind home plate, on every wall, and pretty much anywhere you look these days. i hate it in hockey, and i doubt i'll like it anymore in baseball. 

i don't understand how we've reached a point where this is even considered as an option. leave the uniforms alone.

Pay Day Money GIF by MOST EXPENSIVEST

3 hours ago, stormngt said:

If it's something like a Nike or addicts logo I can live with it.  However we if the uniforms turn into billboards like NASCAR then I am done watching baseball.

There's a tasteless joke in there somewhere.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysAnAngelsFan said:

The My Pillow Fascist dude would be perfect for the Houston Astros.

My Pillow Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think that the deal with Mike Lindell is mostly that he uses inhuman amounts of cocaine.  Which you know.  Explains him.  But also it fucking rocks.  I love him.  I hope if we’re doing the dumb ass uniform logos that the Angels get my pillow ones.  I want the cocaine adverts.  Let’s fucking go. 

14 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

So are the uniform advertisements a thing in this CBA ?

Yes.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33470321/sources-mlb-union-reach-tentative-agreement-new-cba-salvage-162-game-season

"Other changes within the new CBA include:

• A 12-team postseason, with the top two division winners earning first-round byes.

• A 45-day window to impose rule changes, decided on by a new joint committee, beginning in 2023.

• A universal designated hitter.

• A six-team draft lottery, implemented with hopes of curtailing tanking.

• A provision that prevents teams from optioning eligible players more than five times within a season.

• Two measures aimed at limiting service-time manipulation: a full year of service time awarded to players who finish within the top two in respective Rookie of the Year voting, and draft picks awarded to teams that promote players on Opening Day who finish among the top vote-getters for major awards.

Additional advertising through patches on jerseys and decals on helmets."

5 minutes ago, jsnpritchett said:

Yes.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33470321/sources-mlb-union-reach-tentative-agreement-new-cba-salvage-162-game-season

"Other changes within the new CBA include:

• A 12-team postseason, with the top two division winners earning first-round byes.

• A 45-day window to impose rule changes, decided on by a new joint committee, beginning in 2023.

• A universal designated hitter.

• A six-team draft lottery, implemented with hopes of curtailing tanking.

• A provision that prevents teams from optioning eligible players more than five times within a season.

• Two measures aimed at limiting service-time manipulation: a full year of service time awarded to players who finish within the top two in respective Rookie of the Year voting, and draft picks awarded to teams that promote players on Opening Day who finish among the top vote-getters for major awards.

Additional advertising through patches on jerseys and decals on helmets."

Alright.  Yep cocaine pillows is what I’m pulling for.